“Fantastic Lebanese Food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Olives Branch

The Olives Branch
Reserve with OpenTable
The Olives Branch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Mission Viejo, California
“Fantastic Lebanese Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Highly recommend this restaurant if you are looking for home cooked Lebanese dishes.
The appetizers alone are outstanding: hummus,tabouleh, and baba ghanouj can be a meal
by themselves. The kibbie , chicken, and skewered filet are cooked to perfection. I will absolutely return to this local gem.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Philip F

Boulder City, NV
“Quiet, off the beaten track”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Came for lunch, nice decor, owners & servers friendly, food was good, and wine selection fine. Will return again.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Thankful-desertite
Dana Point, California
“Great Middle Eastern Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

Everything I have tried at the Olive Branch has been delicious! I have tried the kibbie, baba ghannouj, fattosh, hummus, falafel, grape leaves, tabouleh, yogurt cucumber salad, kefta pizza, lentil soup. The owners are friendly and go above and beyond to make your dining experience special, they treat you like family:) They also have entertainment on the weekends.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank skallab
San Clemente, California, United States
“So delicious!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

My husband took me here for lunch we got one of the lunch specials. I got the beef and lamb kafta bowl, and my husband got the beef and lamb Shawarma sandwich. we started off with the hummus appetizer best hummus we have ever had! This place has great ambience, great service we will definitely be back it was awesome!!!

1 Thank Michelle M
Dana Point, California
“The worst lebanese food in OC”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

We got fooled by the other glowing reviews and decided to give this place a try. OMG ! This is absolutely the WORST Lebanese / middle-eastern eatery in OC...In fact, let me think - I love Lebanese cuisine and have sampled it all over the world and I can't remember anyone serving such poor tasting food. Falafel were dry and sans any flavor (even salt was missing). Chicken and Beef kabobs were dry as cardboard, no flavors and the rice tasted like it was cooked days ago and microwaved just before serving.

Spicy potatoes were the only "acceptable" item on the menu. The rest -- a major disaster!. There is no question of going back but hopefully this review will alert others...

It is not that hard to put together a decent tasting middle-eastern meal ... Even the food in Wholesome Choice (Middle eastern grocery) tastes amazing compared to this and costs only a fraction.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PG13LA
Omar C, Owner at The Olives Branch, responded to this review, 9 December 2014
Thank you for coming in and trying our family run restaurant. I am sorry for your experience and am somewhat shocked at how bad we must have been, it may have not been our day that day. We are famous for our falafel, and we don't microwave anything, everything is made to order. I would like to invite you to lunch as my guest, we are much better than what your experience was and I would love the chance to prove that you. If you decide to come back and give us another shot, ask for Omar, and I will make sure your experience is excellent. Thanks again for bringing somethings to my attention.

Omar & The Olives Branch family