“Excellent new combinations of flavors”

Harlow's Fine Cuisine & Crafted Cocktails
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Fusion
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Ortega Hwy/Juniperro Serra
Description: Harlow’s is a collective blend of old school and contemporary styles.The décor is a rich and elegant throwback to 1800’s Europe or New Orleans. Our Craft Bartenders will dazzle you with their vast knowledge of spirits & cocktails from the prohibition era, to the most cutting edge trends in mixology. They pride themselves on using only house-made, organic, syrups and mixers. Our Chef designs seasonal menus, focused on sustainability and naturally produced foods. We source all of our meats, seafood and produce from environmentally conscious purveyors. All consumables are GMO, Anti-Biotic and Hormone Free! Our menu changes often to ensure the freshest and finest ingredients, so stop in often to see what new decadence our Chef has created! We regularly offer gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan and vegetarian options. Feel free to call ahead or reference our website, for dietary inquiries.Harlow’s is fine dining without the pretention, so you’ll be appropriately dressed coming straight off the golf course or prior to a formal gala. We’re one of the only late night options in San Juan Capistrano, so be sure if you didn’t dine with us, to stop by on your way home.
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Local sourcing of food with very unique combinations of flavors was Excellent.
Service was fast considering the busy Friday night.
Don't forget the elegant desserts!
My compliments to the chefs.
They are only a few minutes off the highway.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

I really wanted to love this place, but came away just liking it. The locally sourced, seasonal menu is what drew us to the restaurant. I have to say I was a little surprised by the nouveau bordello decorating, not really my cup of tea, but not horrible. The seasonal cocktails were fine, but not exceptional. The one thing that I love, love, loved was the white gazpacho; it was beautiful and delicious. I do not take photos of my food in restaurants, but made an exception for this. My petite filet was tender and perfectly cooked, with a delicious demi-glaze sauce and a few spears of rabe. My husband ordered the lobster roll and was disappointed. It neither satisfied the craving for a traditional lobster roll, nor went non-traditional enough to be really creative. For another thing, it was on the small side and was accompanied by five potato chips...seemed a bit skimpy for $22! I mean couldn't they at least have included a creative slaw of some kind? For sides we ordered the brussel sprouts which where really yummy (crispy, with bits of thick cut bacon tucked in) and the mac and cheese, which was just so-so. The staff was attentive and over all we had a very pleasant meal.

1  Thank SoSoCak
Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

I love this place. So unique, beautiful decor, friendly staff, and great food. The food is farm to table and presented very nicely. Ambiance is elegant and comfortable at the same time. My most favorite part would have to be the staff! Very knowledgeable, friendly, and attentive!

Reviewed 22 June 2013

Harlows is a relatively new and has a speakeasy feel.
A very active bar scene makes it a bit too noisy in the front section but in the rear it is bearable.
We were there on a crowded Friday night and the bar service was slow, but the waitress took our app. orders right away and they were delivered quickly.
The Peach and Pork app. ($12) was amazing, a truly inventive dish with all flavors complimenting each other.
My wife had the Tuna Tartar ($14) was enjoyed it as well.
The entrees were very good and the dessert Beignet ($9) was great.
Happy to have this newcomer in OC, will definitely return.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

Phenomenal service! Great live music 5 days a week! Absolutely one of the best dining experiences I've had in southern Orange County. I would highly recommend Harlow's to any fellow foodies or anyone who wants a taste of the best.