“Disappointing Dishes”
Review of Aldo's Sidewalk Caffe - CLOSED

Aldo's Sidewalk Caffe
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Disappointing Dishes”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I was very excited to try Aldo's after reading all of the great reviews. Unfortunately, this was the worst eating choice that we made during our 8 day trip through California.

The bread was delicious. Perhaps we would have been happier had we chosen a sandwich. The salads that came with our meal were pretty good. Our entrees--- seafood pasta dish and eggplant dish were very disappointing. My son hated the sauce and I wasn't a fan either. My eggplant was slimy.

The owner served us and was pleasant, but it did take a long time to get our meals and frankly I couldn't wait to pay and get out of there. Not the greatest atmosphere, had the food been good, I could have ignored the lackluster surroundings.

Only Italian food that we had during the trip and it was a bust. Bottom line: Try some place else or go with a sandwich.

• Visited July 2013

San Diego, California
“GREAT FOOD!!!”
Reviewed 21 January 2013

Wow !! Order the special dosnt matter what it is it will be great. Try the Salmon with capers or any of Aldos pastas..I have been going here for YEARS and I will keep going whenever I visit San Juan.. Don't miss out on this great place!!

• Visited December 2012
San Clemente, CA
“Best Italian Restaurant in Orange County”
Reviewed 30 November 2012

We stumbled onto Aldo's by accident since my wife had her hair done next door. She no longer goes to that salon but we keep coming back to the restaurant. The menu is staggeringly varied, with an emphasis on seafood (the seafood crepes are to die for). The place is tiny, but conveniently located, with a nice old-world bistro flavor on the interior. Aldo himself is the chef (world quality), the maitre d', occasionally the waiter and when need be, the cashier. Magnificent panini for lunch, full range of dinner entrees, all inexpensive, and decent wine at reasonable prices (try the Candoni Pino G).

• Visited November 2012
Centennial, CO
“Chef Aldo does it Right”
Reviewed 25 October 2012

This is one of our favorite little places in downtown San Juan Capistrano, hidden away in a office park-shopping center. It is not fancy and can be crowded but the food Aldo's serves is delicious. We have tried several items on our frequent visits to SJC and have always found them to be fresh, tasty and with just the right Italian spices. We have not been disappointed with anything we have eaten and have told several friends about Aldo's. They tell us they love it too. No fancy clothes, no fancy glasses or tables but really good Italian food prepared by an original Italian chef. It is tricky to find but the effort is worth the search.

• Visited June 2012
San Marcos, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and service!”
Reviewed 1 July 2012

I looked up this caffe to meet a friend visiting from NJ. I chose it because it had great reviews. We were not disappointed it is just like they mentioned. Great food, service and value. Staff very friendly and accomodating. The pannini sandwiches are outstanding with some fabulous tomatoes and herbs. I cannot wait to go there again!

• Visited June 2012