“All but the end”

Mollies Famous Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Located about half a mile from the mission, Mollies is just a little difficult to find the first time. Parking is plentiful and we were seated quickly. The staff was polite and our order came quickly. The breakfast plate was generous and very tasty. Two of us ate for about $20 and considered it a good value. Everything was clean and our water glasses were kept filled. Our only complaint came at the end of the meal when we were given our bill and it was never picked up. I finally had to go up and seek someone who would take our money. Not a biggie, but it would have been if we were in a hurry. Felt right in place with all the other old folks.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I drove for 80 minutes to get to Mollie's Famous Cafe to see a friend for the first time in 6 months. She ordered a breakfast meal and I had a lunch. Both were very good and the entire menu is very reasonably priced. What thrilled me is that we were allowed to eat and chat at our booth for 4 hours without ever feeling that the management was anxious for us to vacate. It was a mid-week visit and not crowded so maybe that helped, but whatever the reason I was impressed. I will definitely do the drive again and pick Mollie's as the meeting place to see friends who live north of me.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

If you like diners, you'll love Mollies. The service is friendly and efficient, the menu is diverse, the food is very good. A definite lunch stop in San Juan Capistrano.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

Our party of 4 all enjoyed our breakfast. Molly's was the only place we found which was walking distance from the mission and open before 9am. The portions were big and delicious. My hubby LOVED the chicken and waffles. The breakfast burrito was huge as we're the breakfast sandwiches. All for a decent price.

Reviewed 4 July 2013

Had a very good BLT sandwich here with my husband. We were seated promptly, coffee was immediately served and frequently replenished and while they were very busy, we never felt rushed! Bacon was thick and very flavorful!