“Price is right for the location!”

Best Western Capistrano Inn
Reviewed 21 December 2007

Rooms were clean and quiet but a little dated. They are doing some remodeling as the looks of it. Price was fair when you booked on line instead of calling the hotel it self. Staff was not very informative as we weren't told about the cont. breakfast that was served. For the price and location we would stay again.

Stayed: December 2007
1  Thank TexasLJB

Reviewed 27 November 2007

My room was at the back of the hotel. Hard to park, construction type vehicles and personel seemed to be staying there long term. My room smelled very sour, my feet stuck to the carpet, dining table was very, very sticky, blanket well-worn and very wrinkled, and the pillows were worn-out and lumpy. If that was not enough, my room had an electrical problem the second day-knocking out one whole side of the room including TV. We were moved to a room up front, the difference was extreme: outstanding pillows and newer pillows and covers. We had to move all our own stuff for the last night. No one even offered to assist. My room at the local Travel Lodge was much better but it had a lot more traffic noise.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank jmikeModesto
Reviewed 12 November 2007

We stayed overnight at the Best Western San Juan Capistrano and had a great experience. A wonderful value, clean rooms and convenient location, right off I-5 at Ortega Highway. The hotel is well set back from the street, so there was no traffic noise at all. Getting back out of the hotel's driveway onto Ortega Highway can be a little bit tricky during busy times. Watch out for other cars leaving the adjacent Union 76 gas station as you pull out onto the road.

Denny's restaurant is located right next door to the hotel and provides an easy place to grab a quick bite to eat without having to drive anywhere, but other local restaurants and the Mission are only a few blocks away.

Our second floor room had very comfortable beds, and featured a mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The bathroom had a blow dryer and extension phone. There was a small outside balcony with two chairs. We did not use the pool or Jacuzzi, but it looked to be nicely maintained. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We were able to check into our room two hours early. We'd stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Omsibuc
Reviewed 9 June 2007

I feel like I owe this establishment a good review after experiencing a very pleasent weekend there. My wife and I were in town for a wedding over Memorial day weekend. This hotel is one of only two choices actually in SJC and since were are arriving by train we had to stay someplace close. I was a bit nervous after reading all of the negative reviews on this sight, but thought, "What the heck. Lets see if thier right". Well I wound up being pleasently suprised. We were picked up at the trian station by their shuttle which was more than I expected. Being without a car, we wound up using the shuttle extensively. They will take you just about any where close by for no charge (we tipped of course and you should too). We even went to the Mission Viejo mall which is about 5 miles away and were picked back up within 10 miunutes of calling. The rooms were clean and the staff was very nice and accomidating, considering they are generally young and probably not getting paid much more than minimum wage.The rooms were clean spacious enough and contained everything you would expect from a standard hotel. Its close to the freeway but with the window closed I couldn't hear it. There was no excessive noise or lights at night, I couldn't hear my neighbors, the beds were comfortable, and everything functioned as expected. It's not the Ritz but only $100 a night it was a good deal.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank MrMercury
Reviewed 23 May 2007

Wow, my experience at this hotel was much different than some of the other experiences posted here. (Come on people, if guests get drunk and decide to assault each other, is the hotel at fault? Sadly, it's not unheard of ... I've stayed at more than a few motels & hotels where vacationers seemed to put their morals and values "on holiday".) I stayed here on a Sunday night, which was quiet, and found the room quite spacious and quiet as well -- I did stay in a room toward the back of the property, not one of the westernmost rooms closer to the freeway. Didn't hear freeway noise. I thought it was a good value for the money -- South Orange County is so high-end that even the mid-priced chains are going to charge above-average prices, and the Doubletrees and Hiltons will be through the roof. There is a lot of traffic at this intersection (I-5 & Ortega Hwy.) but you are close to the Mission, the beach at Dana Point, etc. I'm really surprised by the negativity towards this place ... keep in mind, the people who have had a bad experience are probably 8x as likely to post as the people who have had a good experience.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 May 2007

Spent one night after a wedding in SJC. They charged me 3 nights.....said they let my son for free. I don't have a son. The manager was rude. Room was ok.

Stayed: May 2007
1  Thank CAMadi
Reviewed 13 November 2006

The hotel was unimpressive. The worst part was the noise of drunken teenagers running up and down the halls at around 2:30 AM.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled on business
1  Thank McKneely
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Juan Capistrano
Best Western Plus Marina Shores Hotel
Residence Inn Dana Point San Juan Capistrano
Residence Inn Dana Point San Jua...
#2 of 3 in San Juan Capistrano
Dana Point Marina Inn
Dana Point Marina Inn
#8 of 12 in Dana Point
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Doheny Beach - Dana Point
Best Western Plus Casablanca Inn
Holiday Inn Express San Clemente North

Been to Best Western Capistrano Inn? Share your experiences!