My family had come down with the flu and we needed to find a hotel during Christmas weekend. With the reviews being somewhat consistent, I would have expected a little more. Our trip was already setback after everyone came down with the flu, so we were grateful to have found a place to stay for the entire weekend. Well, that was soon diminished by the greeting we received by the completely unenthusiastic front desk agent. Our room was next to a staircase, which I understand has to be filled at some point, but at the very least advise your guest on the location. The next morning, we had no hot water and the response we got (didn't include an apology from the front desk agent) was, "Give it five minutes, the pipes are old." So, after the second phone call I asked for the manager, Robert, who was helpful and placed us in a new room. Overall, the experience was a total disappointment to an already disappointing Christmas. I, myself, work in customer service and would not retain any of my guests if I treated them so poorly. The front desk staff was just absolutely worthless and unprofessional. I will be giving a call to Best Western corporate, in which a rewards card simply will not suffice for this complete lack of work ethic. Some people are cut out for hospitality and some aren't. If you don't like being of service and are more interested in yourself, then this simply is not the job for you. My advice to you, the hotel, is to figure out who is actually interested in not just showing up for a job, but doing it and doing it with a smile.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN Capistrano Inn- The Swallows Resting Place. Discover why the city of San Juan Capistrano is a must see travel destination when you stay at this property located just two blocks from historical Mission San Juan Capistrano®. With easy access to the 5 freeway and our Central location between Los Angeles and San Diego the BEST WESTERN Capistrano Inn makes it easy to enjoy the area's many attractions. We believe location matters a lot. Located just Four miles from beautiful Orange County beaches and near Top attractions such as Knott's Berry Farm®, Soak City® Water Park, Disneyland®, California Adventure® and SeaWorld® this property offers the location at an affordable rate. Mission San Juan Capistrano® various events bring guests to our hotel year-round. However, our hospitality, spacious cool rooms and Best Western amenities are what make guests feel at home. This hotel boasts the friendliest service in town, and we're committed to making you feel welcomed and comfortable. Business guests of the BEST WESTERN Capistrano Inn will also appreciate this hotel's close proximity to area businesses including Costco® Wholesale, Wal-Mart®, Quest Diagnostics®, Mission Viejo Hospital, The Shops at Mission Viejo® and many more. Book your BEST WESTERN Capistrano Inn room today! Enjoy your stay with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Capistrano Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Capistrano Hotel San Juan Capistrano
- Best Western San Juan Capistrano
- San Juan Capistrano Best Western