Best Western Capistrano Inn
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewscoach housetrain stationconvenient locationroom was cleanwafflesdana pointeasy accesshotel is locatedshuttle servicei highly recommend this hotelsan diegothe ground floorwould stay againearly checkorange countyfree breakfastpool and hot tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 January 2014

This hotel is easily accessed from anywhere in San Juan Capistrano. It is well maintained with beautifully kept landscaping and the outer walkways and parking lot are cleaned regularly. My room was up to date, and clean with a very comfortable bed.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

My family had come down with the flu and we needed to find a hotel during Christmas weekend. With the reviews being somewhat consistent, I would have expected a little more. Our trip was already setback after everyone came down with the flu, so we were grateful to have found a place to stay for the entire weekend. Well, that was soon diminished by the greeting we received by the completely unenthusiastic front desk agent. Our room was next to a staircase, which I understand has to be filled at some point, but at the very least advise your guest on the location. The next morning, we had no hot water and the response we got (didn't include an apology from the front desk agent) was, "Give it five minutes, the pipes are old." So, after the second phone call I asked for the manager, Robert, who was helpful and placed us in a new room. Overall, the experience was a total disappointment to an already disappointing Christmas. I, myself, work in customer service and would not retain any of my guests if I treated them so poorly. The front desk staff was just absolutely worthless and unprofessional. I will be giving a call to Best Western corporate, in which a rewards card simply will not suffice for this complete lack of work ethic. Some people are cut out for hospitality and some aren't. If you don't like being of service and are more interested in yourself, then this simply is not the job for you. My advice to you, the hotel, is to figure out who is actually interested in not just showing up for a job, but doing it and doing it with a smile.

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank Lauren O
Reviewed 18 December 2013

This is a nice, basic motel/inn. And while the digs would be considered normal (not fancy), the staff is GREAT! They are very friendly and helpful, so big points for that! This place is easily accessed from the 5 Freeway off at Ortega and is (except for the current construction) walkable (although they do have a van) to historic downtown San Juan Capistrano's mission, restaurants and train station. We used it for guests coming for an event downtown….. and everyone was happy!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marc L
Robert G, General Manager at Best Western Capistrano Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Thank you for choosing The Best Western Capistrano Inn. We are pleased to hear that you noticed some of the many near by attractions. We pride ourselves in creating a welcoming environment and our dedication to cleanliness. We are also striving to continue to offer the best value for amenities offered in South Orange County. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

I've stayed at this hotel a couple of times for business. The rooms are nice and roomy, the balconies are the best to relax on after a long day at work. The best is the greatest BBQ place I've found is within walking distance from the Hotel. It's got great food, a lot of fun and fun people; the locals are what makes this eatery feel like the best perk to the hotel. The combination of the hotel being a place with a sense of pride and to get a great meal right around the corner, is the place for me to relax after a long day's work, to just enjoy the ambiance of the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mona M
Reviewed 16 November 2013

This Best Western is very conveniently located close to I-5, also a high-end mall with a fine portrait art gallery that was the object of our visit. The price was very good, so I am reluctant to mention that the overall area could use a sprucing up, but it could.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple