“Nice place with a view”

The Marina Inn on San Francisco Bay
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in San Leandro
Reviewed 19 September 2013

This is the first hotel I stayed in California. Staff is exceedingly welcoming and the room is really clean and comfortable. Parking is a breeze and there are quite a few restaurants around the place with hotel offered discounts. Breakfast is complimentary yet very delicious. 5 star service for the inexpensive inn.

Room Tip: Get a room on the second floor. Stunning view of the sunset on the sea.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Absolutely the epitome of accomodation. The staff could not have been nicer. There are freshly baked cookies and cartons of milk at 5 pm, also the breakfast in the morning is wonderful. This was my second visit to this hotel and is the only hotel I will consider from now on.

Room Tip: Definitely get a Marina side room if at all possible.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 September 2013

we were lucky. needed to stay in the mostly industrial town of San Leandro - and found an independent inn next to the water. Very comfortable beds, water views (SF in the distance) a real breakfast with "real' food in the morning (real eggs, fruit, lots of choices), cookies in the evening, kind management. We thought we would stay one night; it was so comfortable and good value for the money, we stayed two. bravi!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank dccymbal
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Comfortable place close to Oakland Airport. Luxurious. Friendly staff. Complimentary airport shuttle.

Too bad breakfast is served on disposable plates with disposable cutlery.

They only serve non-alcoholic beverages, so don't forget to bring your own beer.

Room Tip: Rooms with a great view on the marina side
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed two nights at the Marina Inn and were totally happy. Our room had a deck with a view of the marina and San Francisco Bay. We could see SF lit up at night. The room was quiet and the continental breakfast was great. Both mornings the fireplace was lit and the atmosphere and food were wonderful.

Room Tip: Stay on the 3rd floor so that you can't hear people walking around over you.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We traveled to San Leandro, CA from Dallas, TX for work and found that The Marina Inn had pretty good reviews. After all said and don we booked our rooms. We had first floor rooms with Marina views and it was great. I was still on TX time so I went to bed at midnight but was able to be up for the sunrise. You will not see the sunrise but you will have awesome sunsets over the bay. The breakfast is good as there are many choices for you. I had waffles both mornings with fresh fruit. A plus is the keurig in room. I just wish there was more coffee in there as one cup will not do me. I had both flavors of the caffeine coffee and I have to say once I got home I know I was spoiled by this being in the room.

Rooms were cleaned daily and staff was very friendly. If you forget something(razor) go to the store and buy a good one as they do have them but if you have been shaving for a while it will take two of them as it did, and they did provide two for me to use.

I am not sure what beds or pillows they use but you have four on the bed and I slept like a baby. One was full like a poly fill and the other was like a goose down(but it was not) and I propped them up and out like a light. I guess you could say one was firm and the other was soft but together they were heaven. The mattress was also a good quality mattress as it was very comfy and I slept very good on it as well.

One thing that was not so good is if you are a light sleeper like me the sound of the planes landing at Oakland Airport might keep you awake or wake you up early, 15 years military does this to you.

My overall rating of this hotel is that I would go back here just for the area and views walking down the Marina. I give them an A+ overall.

Room Tip: Ask for the Marina View on any floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I have been coming to this hotel for over 10 years. Every time I stay I find another reason for loving it. The Marina Inn is a gem! Exceptionally clean, great location ( get a Maina view, it is worth the tiny bit extra), very knowledgeable and friendly staff. Dan always goes the extra mile for us. We have stayed there for joyous occasions like the births of my grandchildren as well as one very sad occasion. At all times we have been treated like family. The Inn is small enough for friendliness yet large enough for amenities. Do yourself a favor and book a couple of days at this great hotel. Relax, ride bikes, walk the fitness circuit around the Bay and enjoy fresh homemade cookies every afternoon. Five stars all the way from me!

Room Tip: Ask for a marina view. You will get a small balcony too. Just be warned, these rooms usually go fas...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
#2 of 49 in Oakland
Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites
Radisson Hotel Oakland Airport
Best Western Plus Bayside Hotel

Been to The Marina Inn on San Francisco Bay? Share your experiences!