The Marina Inn on San Francisco Bay
  • Room Service
US$90
US$96
Hotels.com
Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites(Oakland)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$141
US$227
US$206
  • Pool
All reviewsoakland airportcookies and milksan franciscoel toritobart stationhard boiled eggsfree shuttleyogurtcottage cheesecontinental breakfastshuttle servicemarina areahotel shuttlerestaurants within walking distancemexican restaurantexercise roomevery evening
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 December 2013

The room was small but the decor was lovely. Very clean and comfortable. No fridge or microwave. The breakfast room was very nice. Lots to choose from, not all carbs.

When we were there, at the end of October, the hotel was quiet although at breakfast, the room was full. We had an inside corner room facing the pool. We had a peaceful sleep.

They had a service to drive us to BART for a trip into San Francisco. They picked us up promptly after we phoned. Overall I feel comfortable recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We have stayed here on 3 occasions now and have recommended it to friends who have stayed as well. Location is awesome and close to most anything in the area. Super staff that is very friendly and helpful. Two great restaurants within walking distance. We would not stay anywhere else, this is a hidden gem for sure. Airport shuttle service is great breakfast by 6am is good along with tullys coffee....

Look no further

Room Tip: Bay view rooms are really nice
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fire2812
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed here for a business trip. The location is a bit off the beaten path but it does overlook the marina. My room had a view of the marina and had a small balcony with 2 chairs. The room itself was ok, on the small side with a shower only, no tub. It was clean and the bed was comfortable. There is free wifi and keurig in room coffee. Every place I stay at there is always something that leaves an impression.. here, it's the friendly and welcoming staff, free breakfast in the morning, cookies at night and coffee downstairs 24/7. The price is fair and restaurants close by. It's also close to Oakland Airport and offers free shuttles!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Dejo54
Reviewed 20 November 2013

This is a very nice hotel, tucked away near the Oakland airport. We paid for the marina view, which gave us a private balcony with a great view over the Bay. The room was large, but could use a little updating -- it wasn't until our second night that I found the power strip tucked under the desk. In this day and age of needing to charge multiple electronics, I've come to expect easy access to outlets. On the other hand, I particularly enjoyed having extra blankets handy. Too often those are hidden away or have to be requested.

The breakfast is pretty standard for a mid-range hotel. Waffles, toast, pastries, etc. but they do have hard-boiled eggs for some extra protein. It is nice it's included, as there are no other breakfast options nearby other than the sunday brunch at El Torito and Horatio's

I was pleasantly surprised by Horatio's next door. The dinner menu online looks pricy, but the happy hour appetizers are very reasonably priced and the bar has a nice view of the marina. A tiny quibble is the signage in the hotel lobby, which showed that Horatio's doesn't open until 4, which isn't the case.

I did hear a few planes taking off and landing during the night, but nothing kept me awake for long. It may bother lighter sleepers, though.

Overall, this was a great value and a nice place to stay. I will be back if I'm staying in the East Bay in the future.

Room Tip: Pay for the upgrade to a marina view with a balcony
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and I traveled here for a training class for my husbands work. After an extremely long day of flying we arrived at the hotel at sunset to be met by a breath taking scene of the sun setting over the bay and sail boats! Photographers, you will want to bring your cameras. We were greeted with a friendly and warm welcome and checked in quickly! At the check in counter I was informed that while my husband was in classes all week, that the hotel would be happy to take me to the nearby shopping outlets or any where with in a few miles of the hotel. And if I wanted to be adventurous on my own they had bikes I could check out for free to use to travel and take to the nature trail to see the bay. Also before we made the trip to our room we were given free cookies!! Once arriving in our room we were very pleased! Our room was very clean and modern. Also included a mini fridge and microwave which are very nice when you are staying away from home all week! We slept very well and awoke the next morning to a free breakfast with a wide variety of pastries, fruit, waffles, hard boiled eggs, and cereals. Also if you want a nice place to dine out or have delivered to your door, Horatio's is next door. I would definitely want to come stay here again!!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business