“Will recommend to anyone”

The Marina Inn on San Francisco Bay
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in San Leandro
Edmonton, Canada
“Will recommend to anyone”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

My family and I stayed here while travelling up the coast back to Canada, and I can't begin to express how impressed I was with my stay here. It was such a relief to stay at a warm and welcoming place with such character. The attention to detail (from the bathroom soap, Keurig machine in the room, quality breakfast that far exceeds continental) and amenities ensuring guests have everything they need has been well thought out. I have read the other reviews here, and I recommend you do as well, they are accurate, so I won't duplicate. They truly made you feel like a guest in their home and not a customer. I am planning a return trip to San Francisco, and won't consider staying elsewhere.

Room Tip: We had a view of the marina and will request the same when booking again.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Polish first
Santa Fe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Warm cookies and cold milk every evening at 5PM. What more can I say??? This hotel is a real gem. I was in the area for work and didn't want the usual chain hotels near the airport. This hotel was 2 miles from where I was working but seemed like a 1000 miles away in spirit. It is located on the waterfront by a marina. It overlooks SF Bay and the sunsets were gorgeous from my balcony. Although it fronts to a marina, I didn't notice any noise. The balconies have 2 chairs and a small table. The room has multiple blankets so if the night is chilly, one can still enjoy the patio. Heavy curtains blocked any light. Oakland airport is nearby and in the daytime you do hear the planes but I didn't notice any noise at night. Staff were friendly and eager to please. The room had a chair with ottoman as well as a desk, queen bed and a huge glass doored shower. Bed was very comfortable with lots of extra linens available. Towels were large and thick. There was even a make-up mirror!!! My room had a frig and microwave as well as a coffeemaker. Housekeeping made sure there were always 2 bottles of water in my room. The wifi worked perfectly. Breakfast was healthy with fresh grapes and even grapefruit halves!!! Apples were always available at the front desk. There were 6 bikes available to borrow ( free) with helmets. The bikes were a great way to relax pre/post work. Everyday I would ride for 2 hours on the bike trails that were located directly outside the hotel. They are cruiser bikes so it was a nice workout. Staff remembered that I rode each day and on my return visit were determined that I get the same helmet if I so desired. Parking is on site, free and spaces were always available. I liked the hotel so much that I talked several of my colleagues into changing their reservations from other hotels. There is also a shuttle which I didn't use. No reason to stay any other place if in this area. There is a restaurant next to the hotel that provides room service.

Room Tip: ask for a balcony overlooking the marina.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank KarumbaSantaFe
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at the Marina Inn. The staff is terrific and it is a great spot for a terrific price. The rooms are neat and clean, there is a pool and exercise room AND they include breakfast in the price which is something I was used to traveling in Europe. Right on the water, it is next to the Horatio Restaurant which has really good seafood.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

I am usually there on business and it offers a great bed, clean rooms and a great view. The continental breakfast is the usually fare but it's included so that's a plus. Free WiFi. The beds are big and comfortable. The staff is always helpful, they even carted a group of us around in the hotel van.

Room Tip: They really are all good rooms, I like the ground floor to get easier access to the pool
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank tybittner
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

This was a last minute reservation, and staff was very helpful with our decision to make the reservation. The place and room was clean. They even have bikes for you to ride around the marina. It only wish we could have stayed longer. I would stay again.

• Stayed May 2014
Barrigada, Mariana Islands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Loved my stay at the Marina Inn. I stayed in a junior suite on the first floor. room was spacious and very clean. King-sized bed was comfortable. Breakfast was great. My son loved making his own waffles. Loved the walkway and the fact that it was close to SF and Oakland. Definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jem L
Fresno, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

A hidden gem we have been here numerous times and we will be back again in June 2014! It's secluded & peaceful yet a short drive everything ... Free bike usage is a huge plus the pool is fantastic! Rooms are clean ! Golf course & pRk are walking distance! Running trails all around! 2 restaurants in walking distance as well ! We just love coming here with & without our kids !

• Stayed September 2013
#2 of 49 in Oakland
Hilton Oakland Airport
Hilton Oakland Airport
#12 of 49 in Oakland

Been to The Marina Inn on San Francisco Bay? Share your experiences!