“I stayed overnight”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in San Leandro
Vancouver
“I stayed overnight”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed overnight on the ground floor. I felt here is was a smell of smoke in the room. I suspect somebody had been smoking. I arrived late the front desk was pleasant. The continental breakfast was included but the coffee was terrible As it was a business proposition for me I just stayed overnight and was out the next morning.

Room Tip: Relatively clean and business like.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Polish first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Unfortunately we didn't arrive until 9pm at night because we would have enjoyed more time here. The room was clean, quiet, and comfortable. Right next door is a nice restaurant named Horatio's which we walked to for dinner. There is another restaurant close by we are told but we didn't have a chance to try it. Horatio's was good and the service was good too.
The hotel manager Thomas was very nice and so helpful.
We had a little time the next morning to walk around the nearby marina and park which was nice. Breakfast the next day was good.
We would definitely stay here again. It was a very short drive to the airport, yet very quiet.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Alta Loma, California
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We went up to Oakland for the Yankee / A's game and needed a place to stay. Some places are,..well not so great up there. But then I came across this place. I read all the reviews and they are spot on. The view of the marina if you can get one, is so relaxing. We ending up being on the first floor and it was very quiet. Considering the place was sold out that weekend. With all the perks of this place compared to others is a big plus for me. Free wi-fi, free parking, free breakfast...which is just enough to get you through the morning. The waffles you make yourself are super delish! Fruit, pastries, cereal and hard boiled eggs. You don't really miss the greasiness of bacon or sausage or cold scrambled eggs you might get at other places. And the coffee..is amazing! The staff is also super friendly and helpful. Always a 'hello' or 'have a good day' as you walk through the lobby or halls..even if they look or seem busy. I would definitely go back to this hotel. Just to relax. They also have free bike rentals, and 2 restaurants within walking distance to enjoy. Down the street about a block is a huge park. Lots of grass areas and play grounds. Nicest park I've seen in a while. This place is so comforting you feel like you're at home. If you need to go up to the Oakland area definitely check this one out!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank amy t
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Location: South of the Oakland International Airport away from traffic congestion & just 1 1/2 miles from freeway 880. Two restaurants (Horatio’s & El Torito) are within 3 blocks. We heard air traffic noise but I never noticed it after 10 pm.

Reservations: Save money by calling the Inn directly. They were courteous, helpful and accommodated my request for a balcony room with a view of the bay.

Check in: Front desk employees are courteous and pleasant. Completed in just a few minutes.
Check out: Completed in less than a minute.

Free shuttle: We called from the airport for pickup. The pickup took longer than expected due to a driver shift change. When the driver arrived he was very apologetic as was the front desk when we checked in. The 3 other times we used the shuttle it was timely and very convenient.

Two of us stayed in room 304 on the first visit and room 242 on the second visit. Both rooms were clean and had excellent views of the marina, the bay and San Fran (when the fog lifted). The rooms are similar in furnishings and amenities: WIFI, small refrig, microwave, desk/chair, arm chair/footstool, comfortable bed, dresser with an extension for a suitcase, and a wardrobe closet where you will find a tray, extra pillow, and an iron stored inside. The vanity includes a hairdryer and magnifying mirror.

Although we did not use the exercise room, pool or road bikes, all looked to be in order.
There is a station to print boarding passes in the lobby.

Cookies (with milk if available) and apples are provided in the evening. The breakfast buffet included hard boiled eggs, yogurt, fruit, buns/bread/bagels, waffles, hot & cold cereals, milk, juice and hot beverages.

We enjoyed each visit to this Inn and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Be aware that rooms facing the bay also face air traffic.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Donna B
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My family and I stayed here while travelling up the coast back to Canada, and I can't begin to express how impressed I was with my stay here. It was such a relief to stay at a warm and welcoming place with such character. The attention to detail (from the bathroom soap, Keurig machine in the room, quality breakfast that far exceeds continental) and amenities ensuring guests have everything they need has been well thought out. I have read the other reviews here, and I recommend you do as well, they are accurate, so I won't duplicate. They truly made you feel like a guest in their home and not a customer. I am planning a return trip to San Francisco, and won't consider staying elsewhere.

Room Tip: We had a view of the marina and will request the same when booking again.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Santa Fe
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Warm cookies and cold milk every evening at 5PM. What more can I say??? This hotel is a real gem. I was in the area for work and didn't want the usual chain hotels near the airport. This hotel was 2 miles from where I was working but seemed like a 1000 miles away in spirit. It is located on the waterfront by a marina. It overlooks SF Bay and the sunsets were gorgeous from my balcony. Although it fronts to a marina, I didn't notice any noise. The balconies have 2 chairs and a small table. The room has multiple blankets so if the night is chilly, one can still enjoy the patio. Heavy curtains blocked any light. Oakland airport is nearby and in the daytime you do hear the planes but I didn't notice any noise at night. Staff were friendly and eager to please. The room had a chair with ottoman as well as a desk, queen bed and a huge glass doored shower. Bed was very comfortable with lots of extra linens available. Towels were large and thick. There was even a make-up mirror!!! My room had a frig and microwave as well as a coffeemaker. Housekeeping made sure there were always 2 bottles of water in my room. The wifi worked perfectly. Breakfast was healthy with fresh grapes and even grapefruit halves!!! Apples were always available at the front desk. There were 6 bikes available to borrow ( free) with helmets. The bikes were a great way to relax pre/post work. Everyday I would ride for 2 hours on the bike trails that were located directly outside the hotel. They are cruiser bikes so it was a nice workout. Staff remembered that I rode each day and on my return visit were determined that I get the same helmet if I so desired. Parking is on site, free and spaces were always available. I liked the hotel so much that I talked several of my colleagues into changing their reservations from other hotels. There is also a shuttle which I didn't use. No reason to stay any other place if in this area. There is a restaurant next to the hotel that provides room service.

Room Tip: ask for a balcony overlooking the marina.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank KarumbaSantaFe
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at the Marina Inn. The staff is terrific and it is a great spot for a terrific price. The rooms are neat and clean, there is a pool and exercise room AND they include breakfast in the price which is something I was used to traveling in Europe. Right on the water, it is next to the Horatio Restaurant which has really good seafood.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
#2 of 49 in Oakland
Hilton Oakland Airport
Hilton Oakland Airport
#13 of 49 in Oakland

Been to The Marina Inn on San Francisco Bay? Share your experiences!