“Huge rooms, typical Hilton Garden” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro

Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in San Leandro
Madera, California
“Huge rooms, typical Hilton Garden”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

During spontaneous trip needed hotel. Went on Hotwire and got this hotel. Fairly easy to find and not too far from Walmart and in n out which was convenient .
Front desk staff (black guy can't remember name) very friendly and quick. Room was huge and very clean. Bought breakfast for 10.95 and extremely good. Overall very nice stay

• Stayed November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Momi17, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
Dear snate08,

Thank you for your comments with regard to your stay here with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you liked the location of our hotel. We are nicely centralized with easy freeway access.
I believe the gentleman you are speaking of is Joseph. He is a great asset to our front desk staff and I greatly appreciate you acknowledging his friendly service.
Our cooked-to-order breakfast buffet is a great way to start your day off right. I am glad to hear that you were able to take the time for our delicious breakfast.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro in the not too distant future.

Momi De Deaux

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Saint Charles, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

I would never stay here again. Terrible location crammed in at highway in a shady neighborhood with nothing nbearby and terrible service. Restarant staff should be out on the curb to party with the drunks they were having fin with instead of helping customers. Loud location. Over priced. Woudl I come back, NEVER. Way off from the other Hilton garden Inns that I have stayed at.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank RPTOLAN
Momi17, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear RPTOLAN,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the hassle and frustration you experienced on your recent stay at our hotel. We strive to make every guest's stay a pleasant one from check-in to departure through quality service and amenties, and we regret this was not your impression. We will use your comments as part of our ongoing service training and hope you will give us another opportunity to show you the quality stay you deserve should you return to our area in the future.

Turlock, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

Needed last minute-accommodations in San Leandro and Garden Inn was just what we were looking for; close to many businesses. Room and bathroom were clean, bed was comfortable, and I was pleasantly surprised to find a mini fridge and microwave - came in very handy. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Jessica C.,

Thanks for the wonderful review! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I greatly appreciate you acknowledging the hard work our Housekeeping staff puts into keeping our hotel and rooms cleaned.
I agree the Garden Sleep Systems are very comfortable and it is nice to be able to adjust the firmness of the bed to your liking. It is also a great convenience to have a fridge and microwave each room.
Again thank you for choosing our Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro. We can't wait for you to visit us again!

Nederland, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

But in this case I definitely want to make an exception.

I stayed for 6 nights at the San Leandro Hilton Garden Inn for work. I've always heard the saying, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." Probably why I haven't reviewed very much on here. :) But anyway, here's my experience at this Hilton property (and I'm a HHonors Diamond member as of this stay, so I've been to quite a few at this point):

1) Location - close to the airport. They have a shuttle that goes to and from the airport starting at 4am. All you need to do is let the front desk know when you need the shuttle. I needed it at 4:30am on a Saturday, and it was prompt and a super quick drive to the airport. 10 minutes exactly. I also felt safe here. I've heard that San Leandro isn't terrible, but isn't the best and safest place in the world, but it was in a good area with good lighting. Good amount of parking. One night we had to park on the backside of the hotel because of the time we got in (after 10pm), but we were the only ones back there and right next to the back door.

2) Rooms/Amenities - the rooms are comfortable, clean and just what I needed. I rarely heard any noise from the hallway and people passing by. I've always loved Hilton beds and bedding. I did have a problem with my iron being leaky when I needed the steam option, but I went to the front desk that morning and asked for another one. When I got back to the room that evening, it was there. No hassle, and the man at the front desk was really courteous and professional about it.

3) Service - I know I've mentioned service-related blurbs above, but I'll keep going here. :) The front desk folks were always pleasant and accomodating. Always smiling, always friendly. My husband had asked me to send him a postcard, so I asked the front desk if they could send it and just charge a stamp to the room. It happened with no issues. Probably the biggest thing that impressed me was after I left the hotel, I called the front desk and asked if they could email me a copy of my receipt, since it hadn't shown up yet on the HHonors website. The lady said she wasn't able to until their salesperson got in (I did call a little early), but what she did instead was print out the receipt and text it to me from her personal phone. She didn't have to do that, and I GREATLY appreciated it since my expense report was due for work. :) Another thing to mention is the waitstaff for breakfast - always courteous, always prompt, always professional. I had breakfast every morning down there and if you've been at a HGI before, you know they'll make omelets for you or basically whatever you'd like. Kudos to the kitchen for making my egg white omelets exactly as I like them. :)

So overall, I really enjoyed this stay. I've been at good Hilton properties, and some not so good. I would put this one in my top 2 for sure. If the management is reading these reviews, THANKS you guys! Please give your staff some recognition for their professional and kind service. :)

Room Tip: First floor front rooms have bright lights shining into the window, so if you like some light filter...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank daeleesa
Momi17, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Dear daeleesa,

Thanks for all your wonderful compliments! It was with great pleasure that I shared with all our staff your comments! I greatly appreciate you letting others know just how friendly our staff is here. They try to bring personal attention into every guest interaction, I am very pleased that you received that attention throughout our hotel. I am especially happy that you received that personalized touch by our front desk clerk Susan, when she had taken a picture of your receipt and sent it to you.
Our housekeeping staff works so very hard to make our rooms and hotel clean. Safe and at home is what we want you to feel when you stay with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro. If ever you need our assistance we are just a phone call away.
Please do not stay away too long!

SF Bay Area
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

The locale is very good. The hotel itself although a generic Hilton Garden Inn is very well maintained and attractively decorated with a very pleasant staff. The property offers good comfort for an overnight preceding a flight, and at a reasonable price. My only complaint is that the shuttle service is very, very limited. It is particularly inadequate on the return flight to pick up your car back at the hotel. We were kept waiting nearly an hour seated inside the van while the one and only transport vehicle sat "under contract" for the crew of some third tier airline to get to the shuttle. We could have returned to the hotel and the driver come back to the airport at least once while my wife and I and another hotel guest were kept waiting and still been at the appointed pick up point when the crew actually arrived at the curb. It was explained that this local Hilton franchisee has a contract with this air carrier that the hotel's van must be there when this airline's flights arrive and the crew is overnighting at this hotel. Another van or even an SUV s/b available. This was no way to treat anyone staying or returning to this property but especially not a Hilton Honors Gold member in particular who is a regular customer.....It reflects badly on the entire operation and brand which is otherwise excellent.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Momi17, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear Robert W.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. I know other readers take cues from guests like you.
I am sorry you had a less than pleasant expereince with our shuttle. I assure you that each of our guests are very important to us. We addressed how we could have handled the situation better.
Again I apologize for the inconvenience of the shuttle wait and I do greatly appreciate you sharing with others the highlights you did find at our hotel.
I do hope that you visit us again and give us another chance to WOW you!

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

Hotel is very nice and clean, rooms are comfortable ad its a good value. I would stay here again with my family. I would say that the indoor pool is nice but needed to be cleaned. The food was good and I really liked the coffee and tea that was available.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you choosing to stay at our Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro. I am very glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and would be happy to return.
I am terribly sorry about the condition of our pool. I assure you this is not our standard and it has been addressed.
I hope it will not be long before you visit again. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you ever need my assistance.

san luis obispo, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

Very Good experience from the arrival to the departure. Would stay there again without hesitation. Food was good, rooms were clean and comfortable. Free shuttle service was very helpful. I have to have 200 characters in this review but I have said everything there is to say!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Momi17, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear Jeffrey W,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share you wonderful comments! I am sure that other viewers appreciate your short, but to the point message on how very good your experience was here at our Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro. It is not the quantity but the quality of the words you chose that is greatly appreciated.
I look forward to welcoming you back! Please let it be soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Leandro
The Marina Inn on San Francisco Bay
Hampton Inn Oakland-Hayward
Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport-Alameda
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hayward Oakland Airport
BEST WESTERN PLUS Airport Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro? Share your experiences!