“HGI is the way to go!”

Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in San Leandro
Reviewed 14 November 2013

One of my favorite brands within the Hilton portfolio is the Hilton Garden Inn because you get so much without breaking the bank.

I recently stayed at this HGI and was quite impressed. First off, your initial impression upon arriving to the hotel, especially at night, may not be so favorable; it's smack dab facing the freeway, and there isn't anywhere within walking distance to grab a bite to eat. But once you get inside, it's like magic, as the lobby is so warm and inviting. Checking in was so fast, so friendly, many thanks to Monique!

My room was quite standard and consistent of every HGI I've stayed it but this particular location had a couple unique touches. In my room was a welcome letter, personalized to me, with a piece of chocolate. Also, in the bathroom, they had an individual pack of make up remover, sitting on top of the face towels. I had to think about it for a sec; I put two and two together and realized that it was an ingenious idea, as I'm sure make up simply ruins their face towels. I'm sure those of us who wear make up would appreciate this amenity. In addition to those items, the room had the usual Keurig machine, microwave, fridge, comp wifi and my favorite, the signature HGI adjustable beds which have to be the most comfy beds, ever! There was a slight cleanliness issue as I found a few strands of hair in the bathroom; one in the sink, one on top of the toilet reservoir, and one on the toilet seat. I'm not so squeamish about that, I'm a pro at staying at hotels, I've dealt with much worse situations, this was nothing.

I got a coupon for their breakfast but didn't use it as I was pressed for time, but hopefully I can use it on a future visit???

With that said, I can say that I'll definitely stay here again and would certainly recommend it!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Momi17, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

Dear norcalnick,

Thank you for sharing all your wonderful compliments! I appreciate you noticing how friendly Monique is. She has a smile that makes you feel very welcomed and it just comes naturally. We are lucky to have her.
The welcome letter helps us to let you know you are important to us and we want your stay with us to be comfortable and to let you know we are here for you.
I agree the make remover is a brillant addition for us women. It is especially appreciated when we forget our own.
I am terribly sorry about the cleanliness issue. I assure you this is not our standard and it has been addressed with our housekeeping staff.
When you return please call me directly and I will make sure you have a breakfast coupon.
Again thank you for your wonderful comments and we will be waiting for your return!

Reviewed 14 November 2013

was very clean, staff more than accommodating, l liked the fact it was non smoking throughout. They did have plenty of coffee, tea and little snacks for the guests. The rooms were large enough for 3 adults to stay in the room. WiFi was good easy access.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Alison W,

Thaks for spreading the word that we are a clean non-smoking hotel. We are so glad you noticed our housekeeping efforts.
Our friendly staff geniunely cares about making sure each guest feels safe and comfortable during their stays with us.
We have complimentary coffee in our lobby through out the day and in the evenings after 5pm we have warm granola bars that are delicious and a favorite of many of our guests.
We hope to have you return to us soon, where we have "Everything you need. Right where you need it."

Reviewed 13 November 2013

The hotel is about 30 min drive from downtown SFO (and in traffic probably more like 45 min to an hour but that's not unusual for SFO traffic) and a 20 min drive to our offices in San Bruno. The internet was free, the breakfast was made to order, service was friendly and speedy -really a great stay!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Marina_JNB,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro and letting others know how you enjoyed your stay and that you like our team members. We too agree that our hotel is in a great central location.
Our staff takes pride in the service they give to each of our guests and I appreciate you acknowledging how friendly they are.
Please come and visit us again soon! We look forward to having you with us!

Reviewed 12 November 2013

We had a great stay at hilton, free shuttle bus ride to the raider game !!! and back. will stay again. great breakfast, near san francisco, shopping, walmart down the street,restaurant close by and bars too. 16 min. away from berkeley famous pizza place Zachary's

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Myra Eliana R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and letting others know about our shuttle service.
We do have alot of Raider fans that stay with us because of the complimentary shuttle service. We do only shuttle to the collisium and back on Raider home games. We also shuttle to Ricky's sports bar which is very popular with our Raider fans.
Thank you again for choosing our Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro and we look forward to seeing on the next Raider home game.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

We were attending an out-of-town funeral and decided to stay here as it was close to where services were being held. Area doesn't look too great but we were pleasantly surprised by the hotel and local services.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear AuntieLJ1,

Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you were pleasantly surprised with our Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro. I am very proud of our hotel and the staff that I work with and it is nice to hear that you were able to enjoy our services.
I am sorry to hear about your loss. I hope that some time in the near future you will be able to visit us under better circumstances.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Not a bad place to unwind after a long day... I stayed here during the BART strike recently so I would be sure to make my flight out of OAK the next day. It's quiet, safe, clean, and comfortable here

As some have said, the location is a bit confusing if you don't know the area, and the highway traffic can get heavy during peak commute times, but it's a decent place to stay overall

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Steve K,

Thank you for letting others know that we are good place for guests to unwind and be safe and comfortable.
Traffic can be heavy but that is the price we pay to be in a good central area.
Please visit us again when you are in the area and do not hesitate to contact me should you ever need my assistance.

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

During spontaneous trip needed hotel. Went on Hotwire and got this hotel. Fairly easy to find and not too far from Walmart and in n out which was convenient .
Front desk staff (black guy can't remember name) very friendly and quick. Room was huge and very clean. Bought breakfast for 10.95 and extremely good. Overall very nice stay

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear snate08,

Thank you for your comments with regard to your stay here with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you liked the location of our hotel. We are nicely centralized with easy freeway access.
I believe the gentleman you are speaking of is Joseph. He is a great asset to our front desk staff and I greatly appreciate you acknowledging his friendly service.
Our cooked-to-order breakfast buffet is a great way to start your day off right. I am glad to hear that you were able to take the time for our delicious breakfast.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro in the not too distant future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Leandro
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Oakland Airport
Hilton Oakland Airport
Hilton Oakland Airport
#10 of 49 in Oakland

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro? Share your experiences!