We stayed here on Jan 17th, room 9 on one of our wine tasting trips. The room is very small, about 10 by 15 feet total. This is NOT a bad thing. It was like a small cottage. But this one also had a small private Jacuzzi in the back patio area, which was awesome in the mornings and night. One thing is there is an excessive amount of wall paper, which get a bit overdone, but no big deal, again its like a cottage. There is also a very nice gas fireplace in the room, very nice touch. It actually took the morning chill out of the air very quickly. Yes, this room is a bit more then the non-Jacuzzi rooms, but it was worth it for us.
The property is very eclectic. A cool water wheel is on the property and a great piece of history.
At check in, we were given each a glass of wine, perfect way to check in. Then we went straight to their free happy hour which the wine kept our glasses full. They also have apple cider, coffee, hot chocolate, etc., available in the lobby most of the time.
There is also a great restaurant on the property which served excessive amounts of food. We could only eat half of each of our breakfast. We heard you must eat there and everyone was correct.
When we check in, I told the Front Desk person we had 7 cases of wine in our car. I asked if it would be safe to leave it in our car overnight. She said no problem and also made sure we could park in front of our cottage room, just to make sure. There were no issues at all.
We heard about this place from several of the wineries in the area. Also our best friends were just there in December and spoke very highly of it. Everyone was right about this place.
We will be going back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Apple Farm Inn is located near downtown San Luis Obispo and very close to Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. All the rooms have fireplaces and complimentary wireless internet access. The property has a heated swimming pool, an on-site spa, a restaurant featuring comfort cuisine and an elaborate gift shop. It is centrally located for exploring the Central Coast with wineries and beaches no more than 10-15 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Apple Farm Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apple Farm Hotel San Luis Obispo
- Hotel Apple Farm
- Apple Farm Inn Luis Obispo San