Apple Farm Inn
Inn at San Luis Obispo(San Luis Obispo)
US$96
US$169
US$146
  • Breakfast included
San Luis Creek Lodge(San Luis Obispo)
US$167
US$164
US$156
La Cuesta Inn(San Luis Obispo)(Great Value!)
US$174
US$168
Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo(San Luis Obispo)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$148
US$133
Best Western Plus Royal Oak Hotel(San Luis Obispo)(Great Value!)
US$128
Madonna Inn(San Luis Obispo)
US$253
US$236
US$258
1,492 results
All reviewstrellis courtcookiesapple cidergift shophot cidercountry styleglass of winecanopy bedguest receptionwine receptionwater wheelbreakfast in bedmain buildingcountry hamchristmas decorationsfamily suitetake home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 December 2008

December 21st

I stopped for one night on my way to Pacific Grove and stayed in the Millhouse B Suite. This was my second time staying in this particular room. They redecorated since I stayed here last and unfortunately the decor was very bland and uninspiring, compared to what it looked like before. Previously I did not want to leave the room... or the bathroom for that matter (it was beautiful.) For their top priced room, I expected something more inviting.

That said, there is nothing I can complain about as far as comfort or noise. It was rather cold outside in the evening and it rained, however the room stayed very comfortably warm, thanks to the gas fireplace.

Also, this is one of the few rooms with a TV so that is a big plus if you plan on retiring to the room early.

The king bed is very, very, very high off the ground and there is no step stool for those of us who aren't tall, so you have to kind of get a running start to jump into bed. Once there, you will feel like a king or a queen.

The room is dimly lit (for romance I guess) so if you plan to read in bed, I would advise you to select a different room, otherwise you have to move to the sitting area by the fireplace and the chair isn't comfortable enough to sit there and read for several hours.

The room overlooks what I assume is the Santa Rosa Creek and due to the recent rains, the creek was ambling along nicely and it was nice to listen to the water rushing by.

I could hear the cars on the nearby freeway, even with the doors and windows shut but it wasn't loud enough to keep me awake at all.

There are trees all around the Millhouse and it gave me the impression of being in the woods and I'm sure it helped diffuse the noise. It was a nice retreat.

The lobby of the Inn was nicely decorated for Christmas and the Christmas Tree was STUNNING. I wish I had taken a photo. I haven't seen a tree decorated that lovely in a long time. I wanted to take it home.

I had a late lunch in the restaurant on the property. I ordered the open-faced meatloaf sandwich and it was hands down, the best meatloaf I ever had. Very filling. I'd order it again in a heartbeat.

I stopped in the restaurant in between lunch and dinner so I missed the crowds.

If you are thinking of staying at the Inn, I would say go for it! There are two different gift shops and the gardens and grounds are lovely. The staff was very attentive and I didn't have any problems parking or anything. I'd definitely go back.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank lucylocketCA
Reviewed 18 November 2008

Our one-night stay here on a drive up the coast was lovely. Made it in time for afternoon wine, enjoyed the fireplace and windowseat in our country but cozy room. Enjoyed our breakfast at the restaurant the next morn. Was prepared for lots of flowers and even enjoyed the early Christmas decorations. Overall the staff was very friendly and helpful after a slight glitch at check-in (which was apologized for), so all went well. At check out when asking about some sights we hoped to see on our next leg of the trip, we found the other guests in line with us more helpful than the front desk -- seems they could have been a bit more knowledgeable, but again, they were friendly. Overall, a great stay.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2008

My fiance and I went to Cal Poly, and we stayed here the night he proposed! I would always go to the restaurant while we were in college because I love their corn chowder (mmm), but I had never stayed at the hotel before. The rooms were super cute and comfortable, and we had a hot tub on the patio, which was really nice. And the location is great- walking distance to downtown SLO!

Stayed: May 2008
Reviewed 15 October 2008

I stayed here about 2 years ago with my best friend. We got stuck in SLO late one night and had to find a room. This was the first place we stopped at and we both fell instantly in love with it. We had a room in the main building and it was beautiful. Very feminine decor and thats right up our alley.

In june, my husband and I planned a weekend trip to Pismo Beach and I immediately thought of Apple Farm. Excellent choice for the both of us. This time we got a room on the strip. This room was way better than the other one, it was like our own little cottage. Of course it looks like flowers puked everywhere in the room, but I love that. The seperate sitting room with fireplace was adorable, and our own private hot tub on our veranda was perfect.

WARNING: beer + hot tub + music = phone call from the office at 3am. lol

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank IrishmenRsexy
Reviewed 27 August 2008

I wish there was some reason to stay in San Luis Obispo longer, but there isn't. Just a stop on our CA road trip - but the Apple Farm Inn was without question worth the stop. I could stay there and not leave the grounds for at least a long extended weekend. It was incredibly charming and cozy. Everyone we met was a return visitor. If I lived in the area, I'd stay there once a month at least. The staff is incredibly sweet, there is no nickel and diming, the prices are sensible, and the amenities are delightful. The pool is tiny, so don't come here if you need to swim, but otherwise everything was spacious, grand and relaxing. You have to be able to enjoy Country kitchen style - everything looks like it is straight from 1890 Kansas, but we loved it. Clean as a whistle, too. Free cider, candies, afternoon wine and tea (on weekends), samples of their home-made ice cream and popcorn, cookies at night, and a little wooden apple to take home - it could not be cuter. Our room (King deluxe with canopy bed) was bigger than most NYC apartments. We didn't want to leave, honestly.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Davidwhatshisname