“Cozy hotel”
Review of Apple Farm Inn

Apple Farm Inn
Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Reviewed 9 March 2010

My husband and I stayed there one night on our way up north from LA to SF. It was wonderful! The room was not huge, but clean and we had a hot tub on a private terrace which was supernice. The restaurant had good food - we also tried their homemade apple cider and loved it!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 February 2010

The service at the restaurant is great. We ate there for both dinner and breakfast the next morning and enjoyed everything (except for the tuna melt.) The room was great. It was in the building we checked in to. We had a nice love seat in addition to our two queen beds and plenty of room for us to spread out. At night, our baby threw up and they came right down with a new sheet and pillow right after we called the front desk. They were very helpful and prompt and asked if we needed anything else. The location is great. It is very close to downtown. We loved the pool and hot tub. We loved all the decorations in the hallway and the gift shop too. We got a great deal on travelzoo and we would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 December 2009

I stayed one night with my mother and my 11 year old daughter. We were there for an event at Cal Poly. The location was excellent. Downtown and the school were nearby. The room was spacious with a sitting area, fireplace and large bathroom. The grounds were well landscaped and taken care of nicely. The inn was decorated for Christmas as was the accompanying boutique. I highly recommend that you visit during the holiday season if you want to enjoy the Christmas spirit of the inn. We ate in the restaurant twice and enjoyed it. The baked goods are outstanding and the portions are large. At night there is a reception for guests with appetizers and wine. Then there are fresh baked cookies each evening in the lobby. It was quiet at night so a good night's sleep was easily attained.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 November 2009

Nice place belonging to an early era. This place is so perfectly preserved, you'd think Reagan is still President. A bit overdecorated, and the Christmas stuff is way over the top. No free breakfast and the ethernet did not work with my laptop.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 November 2009

My husband and I just returned from a two night stay, and we really enjoyed the Apple Farm. We booked the " Bounty from the County " package and what a deal we got!! The package is 299.00 for two nights, but we figured almost 100.00 in free goodies alone. Including free wine tastings, gas card, free pie, lunches, and breakfast coupons. The staff are so kind and helpful, and the cookies in the evening are wonderful. It was nice and romantic, oh and did I mention free cider in the room, as well as in the lobby? And hershey's kisses in the room too!! Upon leaving we were also given a 40.00 certificate to use in the restaurant on our next visit. The food in the restaurant was wonderful, big portions, and great service. Go and enjoy!!!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2009

I booked the Apple Farm for my and my husband's 3rd anniversary. I booked a queen bedroom with the private hot tub in the Trellis Court. I expected the room to be on the small side because I had heard from friends that the Trellis Court are their smaller less expensive motel-like rooms. I was ok with that given we were getting the hot tub. The room was very, very small. It was too small for all the furniture they had crammed in there. The hot tub we paid extra for smelled of mildew. So of course for our second night there we didn't use it. So that was a waste of money. The bathroom is way too tiny to really get in and out of the shower easily. The water in the shower was rarely consistently warm. It ran either hot or cold and I found myself yelping out every few minutes at the random change in water temperature. This change in water temperature occurred even without using our toilet or sink. This means that the water heater is attached to another room and if someone in another room flushes their toilet you feel the effects.
The bed was comfortable and the room was very cute. It was just sooo small. Also, some people mentioned the wonderful turn-down service. You don't get that in the trellis court. I may stay at the Apple Farm again, but we certainly won't be staying in the Trellis Court rooms.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dancequeen79
Reviewed 9 October 2009

My husband and two teenage daughters spent a weekend at the Apple Farm Inn. We've stopped by in the past for lunch and thought it would be fun to stay a few days. It is usually very expensive but they were offering a special promotion that fit our budget. It really was a great deal. We had a room in the main hotel with two beds and a fireplace and sitting area. We enjoyed the wine and cheese reception -- they were very generous with the wine and gave us great advice on things to do in the area. The front desk people were very nice and in the evening we found plenty of hot chocolate and cookies in the lobby. The reception and cookies and such are included with your stay. We were surprised and delighted at the Apple Farm.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family