“Absolutely Charming”

Ranked #3 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Los angeles
“Absolutely Charming”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2007

I have stayed at the Inn numerous times. Each time the staff and rooms were delightful. It's true the room are a bit OTT, but more's the fun. There is something beautiful to look at wherever you roam. The gift shop is especially fun to browse and the restaurant has been consistantly good. I always recommend the Apple Farm to my friends that are traveling up the coast.
Enjoy!

• Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (361)
Losangeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Apple Farm Inn a few months ago in 2007. I had heard some really great things about the hotel from friends who had stayed there in the past. We finally had a weekend free to get away and relax, so I thought it would be fun to see it for ourselves.

I'm so glad we decided to do it. When we pulled into the parking lot, my very first impression was that we were visiting a private residence. It did not feel like a hotel. There were so many unique personal touches everywhere. I loved the landscaping, and the decor. I wish my home looked like this! So much character and elegance! The mill was so cool! We loved the homemade apple juice!

We found the Apple Farm Inn to be extremely service oriented and through. The staff were friendly, and helpful. They had so many great suggestions for fun things to do in the area, and we both love wine tasting! We ate dinner in the restaurant and the food was great!

We have both stayed in many wonderful hotels, and rate The Apple Farm Inn as one of our most favorites. We would recommend the Apple Farm Inn to anyone, and would not hesitate to stay there again in the future.

• Liked — It was very comfortable. Loved the atmosphere. Very friendly staff.
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything negative about the accommodations.
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kristinbiggs
Southern California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2007

We had a VERY disappointing stay at the Apple Farm Inn. We found that the customer service was not up to par with other places we have stayed. We found the location to be inconvenient especially since there are comparable and less expensive hotels closer to town. Do spend your time dining in town where you can find many good and reasonable places to eat. Plus, you get that great SLO experience. All in all, if we returned we would not stay at this hotel. In our opinion it just isn't worth the money.

• Liked — Didn't Like It
  • Disliked — Bad customer service
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Travel4Fun4321
Berkeley, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2007

The Apple Farm is nice, but I'm not sure why it's so popular. I stayed in the less expensive Trellis Court, which is a glorified motel. The inn itself seemed very nice when I walked through it, and I would suggest staying there if you have that option. My room was uniquely decorated--not urban chic at all--but very, very dark! Effectively, this place seems like a cross between the Madonna Inn and Econo Lodge but without the good lighting.

Staff were friendly but not the sweetest bunch I've met, and I didn't mind that. The snacks are nice and the grounds are as well, but the parking arrangement is peculiar. (The lots, plural, have countless compact spaces and only a handful of full-size spaces.) I felt a bit out of place as a younger single male in a motel geared towards middle-aged and older couples, so I would not recommend the Apple Farm to anyone under the age of 35 or anyone single.

The pool and hot tub looked okay, but I didn't try them out since I was short on time. The hot tub looks like it doesn't get much use, so this place probably isn't known for its pool scene. The on-premises restaurant is popular, but I went to eat downtown instead. (I used to live in SLO, so I like having the selection.)

There are many motels and hotels around the Apple Farm that offer similar amenities. While most don't have quite the same "charm" as this place (most others are chain accommodations), the Apple Farm is too expensive for what is offered. Even at the discounted $139/night rate I paid, I could get the same thing elsewhere in town for $99. And since Apple Farm is the motel furthest to the east on Monterey Street, most of the hotels/motels in SLO are slightly closer to downtown. Ultimately, I suggest considering Apple Farm but not making it a point to stay here when you have options.

• Stayed June 2007, travelled on business
5 Thank davdaven
illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2007

We stayed at Apple Farm Inn in the summer of 2005, but never really went on trip advisor so I didn't think of writing a review. We were very happy with out stay; although it was only for 1 night. We loved our room in the Inn and the bottle of apple cider provided. They are very close to the trolley station that picks you up to bring you into their downtown area. We were lucky enough to be there on a Thursday night when they have their Farmers Market, which is much more than a Farmers Market. They have bands, music, food, etc. We would stay here again. We got an amazing price on hotels.com

• Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2007

My biggest issues was how we were treated when we had a problem with our room. I am not particularly hard to please but when the bed is broken, you have to say something. All they offered that night were blankets to sleep on the floor. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2007, travelled with family
5 Thank Poway_Family
California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2007

The staff is rude and arrogant. They seem to have the attitude that you should feel lucky you're allowed to stay at their hotel. In fact, was told three times how lucky I was that they saved me a room! There was a mistake on our email confirmation and we got charged $250+ for the mistake - no negotiations so basically $500+ for one night's stay!!! When I got home, I spoke with a manager by phone and she gave me a litany of reasons why they must charge me. Basically, I was told I was in the wrong. They never took responsibility for the error because they sent me an email and I was told that once I received the email confirmation, it was my responsibility to notify them of their errors. I would strongly suggest that you DO NOT provide your EMAIL address because once they send you the email confirmation if there are any descrepncies you are responsible NOT the hotel. They don't budge on anything - even another problem we had with the sleeper sofa & my daughter was given a blanket and pillow to sleep on the floor(another long story). Honestly, save your money and move on. There are some great places in Mineral Springs and Pismo Beach to stay. Much better location too.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Highway Noise & Rude Staff
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled with family