My husband and I spent the first half of our CA honeymoon here and LOVED it! We were actually booked to stay at the Four Seasons in Santa Barbara and based on a friend in Malibu's advice decided to stay at Sycamore. We are happy with our decision. I am big on service and Sycamore does not excel in this area. However, the quiet atmosphere combined with a beautiful room and private tub helps you forget about the mediocre service. The bed was very comfortable. We enjoyed a good nights rest, soaks in the tub, the Labyrinth, hiking trail to the beach and friendly people in Avila Beach. We didn't eat at sycamore at all as we were advised the food was just okay, we found great food in the surrounding areas. We did do the Happy Hour one night but didn't find it a great value, service just okay but the apps were very good. Loved breakfast and dinner at Old Custom House and breakfast at Avila grocery. Lunch at Splash Cafe in Pismo Beach was great, chowder was awesome and we know chowder being from New England. We also enjoyed the SLO Farmers Market, more like a festival than Farmers Market! We had a wonderful first half of our honeymoon and enjoyed every moment at Sycamore.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort rests atop hot mineral springs and spans more than 100 acres of forest, hills and meadows on the picturesque Central Coast of California. An authentic California resort, the property features hillside mineral springs hot tubs, a beautiful spa, the Gardens of Avila Restaurant, a labyrinth, private balcony hot tubs, meditation gardens, and wide selection of mind-body classes in our Yoga Dome. Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort -located halfway between San Francisco and Los Angeles is just a short walk to the ocean and close to award-winning wineries, golf courses, Hearst Castle, Pismo Beach, and San Luis Obispo. Escape to our historic resort voted best Spa and Weekend Getaway on the Central Coast. Experience rustic elegance in a serene and relaxing environment surrounded with the best California has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Hotel San Luis Obispo
- Sycamore Springs
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort
- Mineral Resort Springs Sycamore