Just as the other reviews here, we found it lacking in certain areas, nice in some and chintzy in others. We liked having a hot tub on the deck from our queen spa suite. Nice big two person shower. High comfy bed (though pillows were not comfortable). A frig , but certainly could have used a microwave considering there is only a restaurant on the premises ($12 for a bowl of oatmeal. Seriously?). Again, as others have said, the whole place needs some updating and for what they charge they can afford it. Niceties include warm pool, yoga classes included, robes to use, mainly helpful staff (though we only found out there is a voucher for a wine tasting after we read it here), nice bedding, across from pretty walking trails and meditation labyrinth, close drive/walk to beach. Chintzy in aforementioned pillow, no body wash (though bar soap ), not even a free pastry or brewed coffee in the a.m. in lobby, no comfy chairs or ambiance (unless you like dead plants) on suite's too open "private" deck. The spa next to the pool should be included for all guests, but, alas, they charge extra for that. Pool and outdoor hot tub need resurfacing. Made us sign paper saying we understood check out was by 11 a.m.!! Really chintzy: while there is an in-room coffee maker, there is only that disgusting powder "creamer" vs. tubettes of real half and half. Ick. Even the cheapest motels offer half and half. Also, we thought it was an adults only facility (used to be) but there were plenty of kids around - I love kids (even have one of my own), but not at the "romantic" getaway they bill this as. On the other hand, we discovered Avila Village Inn down the road a short distance and will check that out next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort rests atop hot mineral springs and spans more than 100 acres of forest, hills and meadows on the picturesque Central Coast of California. An authentic California resort, the property features hillside mineral springs hot tubs, a beautiful spa, the Gardens of Avila Restaurant, a labyrinth, private balcony hot tubs, meditation gardens, and wide selection of mind-body classes in our Yoga Dome. Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort -located halfway between San Francisco and Los Angeles is just a short walk to the ocean and close to award-winning wineries, golf courses, Hearst Castle, Pismo Beach, and San Luis Obispo. Escape to our historic resort voted best Spa and Weekend Getaway on the Central Coast. Experience rustic elegance in a serene and relaxing environment surrounded with the best California has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Hotel San Luis Obispo
- Sycamore Springs
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort
- Mineral Resort Springs Sycamore