More than pleasantly surprised by the value and the layout of the new suites. Each one has an amazing pillow top bed and a hot tub just for you. The layout makes you feel like you are in a house with a large foyer, large main room with nicely appointed furniture and a great bathroom. The suites are heaven under the sycamore trees, one of my favorite trees, its quiet, private and really new and clean. There were nice TVs but we never turned them on because its just so nice.
We only had one issue with a maintenance dude who looked in the window while my wife was taking a shower. I walked out behind him while he was pretending to check the water heater and scared the hell out of him. He was the second creeper we ran into this year. Management if you are smart enough to read this we checked in on last sunday night.
When it comes to food and room service they are having a lot of service issues with staff turnover. I would give this place a five star if they got this under control. We did get room service with a cheese plate that was excellent but the next morning it wasn't available, too bad. When I went to the bar/rest to get coffee and breakfast, I waited over 30 minutes for cold oat meal and watched the head chef clean glasses while the waitress scampered all over the place to serve guests. In my view, he needs to get off his arrogant butt and help instead of rubbing glasses and talking it up with his local cronies. The food overall in the place needs a serious upgrade also, I was not impressed by anything to be honest except for the flat bread. I would say that this is one of the best locations and deals for a suite I have seen in California.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort rests atop hot mineral springs and spans more than 100 acres of forest, hills and meadows on the picturesque Central Coast of California. An authentic California resort, the property features hillside mineral springs hot tubs, a beautiful spa, the Gardens of Avila Restaurant, a labyrinth, private balcony hot tubs, meditation gardens, and wide selection of mind-body classes in our Yoga Dome. Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort -located halfway between San Francisco and Los Angeles is just a short walk to the ocean and close to award-winning wineries, golf courses, Hearst Castle, Pismo Beach, and San Luis Obispo. Escape to our historic resort voted best Spa and Weekend Getaway on the Central Coast. Experience rustic elegance in a serene and relaxing environment surrounded with the best California has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Hotel San Luis Obispo
- Sycamore Springs
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort
- Mineral Resort Springs Sycamore