We were so excited to tyake a trip here, viewing the pictures the room we were supposed to get was spectacular, however upon arrival our room was anything but nice. 300.00 a night to have a bathroom that had mold all over the shower, the light bar completely rusted out, the mattress was in bad shape, all the furniture in the room was badly scarred and dilapidated, I could not call for another room as it was July 4th weekend and it was booked solid. When I asked about it at checkout and showed pictures response was most all rooms had been remodeled in June 2014 my building was still scheduled supposedly. This is bate and switch too me with the pictures.. if you know your rooms are substandard to the pics.. say so, offer a needs remodel discount of 50 % off.. but too say nothing and let us check into this mess is not acceptable at all!!! I was told could come back and enjoy 1 free night in an upgraded room, we live almost 4 hours away.. why not offer 50% off the terrible weekend we had, or offer two night free stay in newly remodeled room as our stay of two night was a bust!! The hiking trails are great, that's the only reason we stayed on the next night!!! DONT waste your money.. not worth 300 a night for filth and mold.. oh and by the way.. maid service came in and only changed the trash can.. no cleaning of the room while we were there, the coffee cups had mold on the white paper they were sitting upside down on.. yuck!! I would not walk around our room barefooted.. I wore shoes as I saw the carpet was filthy as well. WHAT A SHAME!!! If only I could reach the actual owners of this property.. SHAME ON YOU for leaving this place alike this and charging sky high rates for junk!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort rests atop hot mineral springs and spans more than 100 acres of forest, hills and meadows on the picturesque Central Coast of California. An authentic California resort, the property features hillside mineral springs hot tubs, a beautiful spa, the Gardens of Avila Restaurant, a labyrinth, private balcony hot tubs, meditation gardens, and wide selection of mind-body classes in our Yoga Dome. Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort -located halfway between San Francisco and Los Angeles is just a short walk to the ocean and close to award-winning wineries, golf courses, Hearst Castle, Pismo Beach, and San Luis Obispo. Escape to our historic resort voted best Spa and Weekend Getaway on the Central Coast. Experience rustic elegance in a serene and relaxing environment surrounded with the best California has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Hotel San Luis Obispo
- Sycamore Springs
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort
- Mineral Resort Springs Sycamore