3,038 results
All reviews hot tub avila beach the bob jones trail west meadow yoga classes queen suite across the bridge private tub hiking trails couples massage relaxing stay romantic getaway gift shop central coast tubs sulfur minerals
Reviewed 25 June 2018

We had a fabulous time here. We come once a year and always wish we stayed longer. We got engaged here many years ago and now bring our young family back to enjoy it especially after the remodel and the mineral springs soaking tubs. it is relaxing and tranquil. Few minor issues with the room as in phone not working and hot water was not flowing but the important was the hot water and that was fixed quickly. You are right off the freeway but feel miles away. Make sure to stay in the new Suites across the bridge, they are wonderful.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Charles C, General Manager at Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Well, how great that you found Sycamore a "Happy Place." We truly appreciate you staying with us every year. I apologize for the few glitches, but very pleased to know they were fixed quickly. If I can be of assistance upon a return visit, please contact me directly. Thank you.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

My husband and I received a gift card to SMSR from a good friend and finally got around to using it. We reserved a renovated queen suite with private spa on a Saturday evening. It was high season, and we would not have been able to afford this hotel without the gift card (the total bill without room service or extras was nearly $500).

The overall experience was lovely. Our suite had a large comfortable living room area with sofa, big-screen tv, and decorative

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Wonderful to hear that you had a lovely stay at Sycamore. We do offer many specials and discounts, especially in the slower season. We hope you'll return soon. Thank you!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Do something about the hot tub and/ or pump equipment that is right outside the bedrooms. The dang thing is noisy and on some sort of timer that lets it go off every 3 hrs or so and stay on for 15-20 minutes. In the middle of the night! Sleep was not restful. Hot tub above on balcony overflows onto patio below. Housekeeper did not replenish coffee supply for the coffee maker so had to go to lobby to get coffee or reheat yesterday’s leftovers. Oh, well. Grounds are beautiful

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I'm sorry about the hot tub heating element keeping you awake. Maintenance is looking into this. And I'll certainly speak with housekeeping as well. We truly appreciate constructive feedback. Thank you.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

This place was really beautiful with a wonderful staff. There were many accommodations and everything was taken care of for me when I needed it. The room was quite comfortable and I will definitely be coming back soon.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you very, very much for letting us know that you found Sycamore "amazing!!!" Please do return very soon. And please reach out to me directly if I can be of assistance.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed here one time before and had an AMAZING stay in the remodeled queen spa suites across the bridge.

This time? Not so great. We stayed for 2 nights for some R&R and the first time away from toddler. We got a last minute booking in a standard king room in the Harmony building in the Outrageous room (all rooms have names not numbers).

Here’s the pros: beautiful mountain scenery, closeness to so many beautiful, relaxing things to do. Super nice staff, and the private tub in each room is great. The cons this time: completely worn in sunken bed with a visible slant (realizing I should’ve slept reversed and would’ve been better (head at foot), the room had a used toilet paper roll in the bathroom (which is no big deal but doesn’t contribute to feeling clean), the room had kind of a musty smell to it (not sulfur, I know that smell), the private tub had lots of ugly repairs in it and ugly pvc plumbing (not the biggest deal but worth the mention). And the second morning we woke up to realizing they hadn’t restocked our coffee! When will hotels realize that good coffee and (gasp) half and half in the room would be SUCH a nice amenity!!! Also, all of the bottom rooms in the Harmony building directly face the freeway, which isn’t super loud but very obvious. So I spoke with the guest relations manager after finding no coffee and she promptly had them bring us a pot of coffee (alone, no cups, creamer or sugar), but was very nice and took our resort fee off.

So bottom line, I love this place for R&R, but I don’t think I would stay in the Harmony building again, at least until they remodeled, and would avoid the bottom floor for sure. We will only book the queen spa suites in the future.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

We've renovated almost every one of our one-bedroom spa suites, as you noted about the spa suites across the bridge. We are in the process of renovating the standard mineral springs rooms, including in Harmony. There is no reason at all for no coffee in your room. I just spoke with our housekeeping manager about this. We hope you'll return. Please contact me directly, and I'll make sure you have a wonderful visit and do not experience any of these issues. We really appreciate your helpful feedback. Thank you.