3,010 results
All reviews hot tub avila beach the bob jones trail west meadow yoga classes queen suite across the bridge private tub hiking trails couples massage relaxing stay beautiful property romantic getaway gift shop central coast tubs sulfur
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This resort is NOT a great value, considering the price and what you get (or don't get) for your money! The In-Room spa has no view (dirt hillside), very few working jets and no heater, so there is little incentive to fill it with hot water (which can take a half hour or more!) every time you want to use it. And they charge you extra to use the scenic hillside spas. Disappointing, considering we spent almost $1,000 for a 2-night stay.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Ccrellin, General Manager at Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

I'm very sorry we didn't meet your expectations. I'm having our maintenance team look into the hot tub jet issue. Some of our tubs are "drain and fill" and other have built-in heaters. Some people like one style, others the other one. We appreciate your review.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The room was not a $300 room. The carpet was stained so I didn’t want to take my shoes off. There was an ant problem. The room didn’t have filtered water so I wasn’t able to make coffee before getting dressed and asking the front desk for more water. Overall the room was run down and needs a remodel. Check in is really late.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We have completely renovated almost every one of the one-bedroom spa suites and now we are in the process of renovating the historic standard mineral spring rooms. We are located on 100 acres of forest and meadows, and occasionally we will get ants, but usually it is pretty minimal. Thank you for your helpful review.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I read a lot of reviews beforehand so I was careful to reserve a room that met with my expectations. Since I read that some of the rooms are without AC and "5 star resort" levels of insulation, I reserved a suite in the Meadows, specifically, the Mellow room. I was very happy to find that the room was clean and had a beautiful layout with our tub on our private deck. It was especially nice to find that it would be impossible for anyone to look over and into our deck. The room was QUIET, we did not hear a sound from anyone or anything. The amenities and accommodations were great and the staff was beyond pleasant and helpful. From the young guys driving the golf carts to the staff at the spa, everyone evidenced happiness and contentment with their jobs which goes a long way to increase my enjoyment when I stay somewhere. We only managed one meal, breakfast, at the restaurant and we both found the offerings to be unique and great tasting. I really have no complaints and would definitely return. Oh, I expected the sulfur smell to be MUCH worse. We didn't smell anything where we stayed.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

What a wonderful review. I will make sure to share it with everyone at Sycamore! So glad you had a chance to experience so much of what Sycamore has to offer. By the way, the West Meadows wells are full of minerals but do not contain the sulfur smell at all. We are looking forward to you returning soon. Thank you.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The overall location is wonderful and beautiful. The first room we were assigned to was terrible. The bathroom shower had mildew and the sulfur smell was so extreme we would not have been able to open the windows. We ended up having to upgrade to get a better room which was better except for the ants, the keurig appliance not heating up the water for coffee and the hot tub had dirty water. We thought the water was clean until we saw the dirt and oil floating up when we were ready to go in it. Ended up not using it.Please note that we did use our timeshare exchange for the first night and paid for the second night. It was not up to the standards of our timeshare units. We would like to come back but again Sycamore may want to update some their rooms as it is a beautiful resort.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We've completely renovated almost every one of our one-bedroom spa suites and are in the process of renovated our historic standard mineral springs rooms--the kind you stayed in. Some guests absolutely love the sulfur smell, some clearly do not. All our water has minerals, just some of the wells also contain the sulfur smell--or fragrance to some. Of course, I don't know if that is the case, butkj our water with all its mineral is at times is mistakenly seen as not clear or clean. But it is. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The only complaint is that the furniture was very noisy, which made being intimate an issue. The bed was loud and moved like it was going to break and the couch made a lot of noise as well. Food at the restaurant was not great either. Other than that, we have no complaints.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Well, I'll look into the furniture issue you noted. We've just created an updated menu at our Gardens of Avila Restaurant. I hope you'll return and try it. Please feel free to contact me directly, I can personally make sure you do not experience the furniture situation you described upon your next visit. Thank you.