“Flavorful Italian Food in Comfortable Setting”

Giuseppe’s Cucina Rustica
Price range: US$0 - US$31
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Monterey/ Morro
Description: Welcome to Palazzo Giuseppe’s, downtown San Luis Obispo! Our Italian regional specialties are indicative to the Pugliese region in Italy, particularly Bari, a seaport on the Adriatic Sea from which most of our recipes originate. We hope you will enjoy and appreciate our great loyalty to the distinctive dishes, all of which we prepare with genuine and natural ingredients and methods. Our bread is baked from scratch every day in a wood-burning oven imported from Italy. Each loaf is made by hand, allowed to rise four times and slow-cooked to achieve the truly rustic appearance and taste you would find in a Baresi seaside village. DiFronzo is dedicated to producing & growing as many heirloom, organic vegetables, & fruits from his family farm as possible. Gelato, pizzas, & specialties including his estate grown Pinot Grigio, Pinot Noir, & Syrah. All of this takes time but to us it is an art and a labor of love. We are truly committed to bringing you "cucina genuina."
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We had a large party and we all enjoyed our food. The wait staff was professional and informed. We mostly ate pasta which was varied and flavorful. Gnocchi and lasagna. My mother and I split several appetizers: a brussels sprouts dish and crab cakes all tasty and rich. The red wine was smooth and paired perfectly with the Italian dishes.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Really good food and service. My wife and I shared a Caesar salad and a margherita pizza. Great pizza. Wonderful way to try each. Right in downtown SLO on a short street, it's worth finding. It was rainy when we were there, but it has outdoor seating. It also has a take out area if you're on the go.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Had lunch at Palazzo Giuseppe on the way to LA and liked it so much we stopped there again for lunch on the way home. San Luis Obispo is a favorite stop, and finding a new place that we liked was a real treat. The service was excellent. The food very good. The ambiance was relaxing.
The salad dressings were particularly pleasing. The desserts wonderful! We found a new favorite in SLO.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

I've traveled to San Luis Obispo three times and no matter how long I'm in town I always find time for Palazzo Giuseppe. The bread, olive oil and cheese to start the meal is probably worth going for, but it gets better. Every salad I've had is delicious and every main course is better each time I go. The Strozzapreti "Priest Stranglers" are hand rolled pasta with sweet english pea cream, pancetta and gorgonzola dolce and very tasty and very inexpensive at $14. I've tried the Osso Buco and loved it and the Filetto di Manzo, a beef tenderloin with applewood smoked bacon demi-glaze it making my moth water now just thinking about it.

Please stop by, you'll enjoy it.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

My husband and I had the most fantastic dinner here.

Everything was flawless from the service to the food to the ambience. It was just great. We sat outside by the warmers and it was just beautiful to look out into the little courtyard and watch the people pass by.

We split the house salad and the server had already split it onto 2 plates for us - so nice not to have to dig through the salad for our own portions. It was delicious. I had the butternut squash ravioli. It was so delicious! Homemade soft ravioli - they were so good! The only thing I would change would be to make it hotter - it was only lukewarm. My husband had a steak and it was perfectly cooked.

We just had to try dessert after the fantastic meal. The mud pie was so good! Thank you for a perfect date night Giuseppe's!