“Beautiful setting in the vineyard”
Review of Tolosa

Tolosa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: At Tolosa, we are true believers in the special terroir that is Edna Valley, nestled amongst the East-West running volcanic hills of San Luis Obispo County and the frontier for the most complex cool-climate varietals in California. Our Pinot Noirs and Chardonnays reflect the cold Pacific wind that sweeps down the coast and funnels into the valley, as well as the remarkable diversity of soil types: ingredients for nuanced and balanced wines of distinctive character. We combine traditional methods such as hand punch down and whole berry uncrushed fermentations with cutting edge technology in soil exploration and vineyard mapping to handcraft exceptional Pinot noirs and Chardonnays that are the purest expressions of Edna Valley. Visit us daily 11-6pm for exclusive limited release and barrel tasting flights. Reservations recommended. Contact our concierge at 805.782.0500.
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Wonderful wines. Knowledgeable wine tasting host. Good variety of wines. Lovely garden area in back to enjoy the view of vineyards and sample the wines.

1  Thank DonQZ

Reviewed 29 June 2013

On the weekends you can experience wine and cheese pairings in the Heritage room at Tolosa Winery. It is a sit down affair with a beautiful view overlooking the vineyards. The pairings were quite nice and the service relaxed. The cheese was excellent. A nice option while wine tasting.

Reviewed 12 February 2013

I really thought this winery, for as long a time as it has been in this valley apparently, would produce better wines. Suffice to say? Napa and Santa Ynez need not fear the competition (nor Livermore valley, for that matter)

1  Thank MsBunny2011
Reviewed 10 November 2012

I have been out to Tolosa for an event they put on and it just amazing. I love how the airplanes come right over head and then disappear in the winery as they land across the street. The was staff was pleasant and was very help. I enjoy the wine they were serving, and I will be going back in the near future.

Reviewed 26 August 2012

I think this winery put all their money into the building and not into the wine. I nor anyone I know likes the wine here. Maybe it is because we have been to over 500 wineries and have a more refined palate.

8  Thank CentralCoastWine