“Fantastic Food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Price range: US$6 - US$10
Cuisines: British, American, Irish
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Made popular by Cornish tin miners in the 1700s, pasties (pronounced “pass-tees”) are a full meal of your favorite foods baked in a pastry crust. The traditional Cornish pasty is called the Oggy and is filled with steak, onion, rutabaga, and potatoes. Featuring a variety of meat, vegetable, and dessert options served in a fun pub atmosphere with outside dining. Serving your favorite beers on tap and the best local wines. Also available to-go and frozen.
Paso Robles, CA
“Fantastic Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

I wish I would have found this restaurant sooner! It will definitely be my new go-to SLO dining place.

Ordered a bowl of the Irish Stew and a Bangers 'n Mash Pasty to split between the two of us. Be forewarned: the "bowl" is HUGE and could have probably fed both of us just on its own. Served with some wonderful Irish Soda Bread that is fantastic. The stew is thick and delicious. Any stew served with a mound of mashed potatoes on top is great in my book. The Bangers 'n Mash Pasty is served with a side of slaw that is fresh and tossed simply with a vinegar-based dressing. The pasty was chock full of mashed potatoes, onions and perfectly seasoned bangers. The crust is perfectly golden. The brown gravy served on the side was a perfect accompaniment.

Prices are more than reasonable for the amount of food and freshly-made quality. I can't wait to go back and try even more of their fantastic pasty varieties. Next time I'm fairly sure I will even stock up on some of their frozen options to go as well.

• Visited May 2014

Oxford
“Ideal lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Try this place; it is so good at what it does. They really have got to grips with the pasty tradition and re-set it in a California context. We chose from the lunch specials and were delighted by the flavours of the pasties and how the meal was presented. And by the size of the portions - tasty, hearty, but not leaving you feeling that eating will be the death of you. Go for it!

• Visited April 2014
Idyllwild, California
“I Must Have Been Starving OR This Was Really Good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

My title says it all! Great (and fresh) food and "different" in a good way. This little hole-in-the-wall will definitely be on our "must" list whenever in SLO.

• Visited April 2014
Oceanside, California
“Best Pasties in California”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

We went for Thanksgiving weekend to San Luis Obispo and found this excellent pasty restaurant. We liked it so much we ate there twice in 3 days!

It's reasonably priced, has good service and is vegetarian friendly.

On our second visit we were tempted by the desserts. We had the cookie dough and nutella pasty. I thought it sounded odd, but it was the tastiest thing I had in a long time.

If you are ever visiting or just driving through SLO, I highly recommend this place!

• Visited November 2013
Atascadero, California
“Good, interesting food, reasonalbe price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

A real side-street find, just south of the Mission on Chorro. I had a mid-evening meal with my wife and daughter - we all loved our food and the friendly wait staff. It's a small place with limited seating inside and on the sidewalk, but very enjoyable. There were several choices or "pies," and each one was very tasty. We complimented our pies with a side order of baked truffle fries, and ordered from a nice selection of wines, beers, and soft drinks. The dessert pies sounded really good, too, but we were plenty full - another time!

Visited September 2013