“Wonderful Saturday night dinner”
Review of My Thai Restaurant

My Thai Restaurant
Ranked #85 of 309 Restaurants in San Luis Obispo
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 18 August 2013

On a warm summer evening we were looking for a place to sit outside and enjoy dinner. We had been to My Thai for their $7.95 lunches which we like but what a surprise the dinner was. We were a group of 4 and ordered a Buddha roll appetizer which was very fresh and tasty. Jennie, our server recommended Mandarin Duck served with spinach. The duck was cooked perfectly with crisp skin and tender meat and it had a wonderful flavor. This dish was served by the chef-owner of the restaurant.
We also ordered Spicy Eggplant with tofu. Excellent flavor and we ate every bit of it. We ordered the vegetable panang and it was perfectly prepared and had wonderful flavor. Drunken Noodles with shrimp was also a highlight and we all raved about how good it was. Two orders of brown rice and 4 glasses of Kirin came to $78.75.
For outstanding service, in an uncrowded atmosphere we recommend it. Nearby traffic is light on the weekends so you can relax and have outstanding Thai Food. We have 6 Thai restaurants in San Luis Obispo and this is one is our favorite.

2  Thank SLOFOODIE

Reviewed 28 July 2013

We were staying at the Apple Farm and decided we wanted to eat in and we were hungry for Thai. My Thai Restaurant did not disappoint! First it was so easy to go online and order from our computer which was so convenient and secondly, they were here with our food, pipping hot, in under 30 minutes! Their chicken panang was full of flavor and Pad Thai was a nice side to go with it. We also had their garlic green beans which were excellent. Do not hesitate eating here...some of the best Thai we have eaten.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

I went to Thai Elephant with 3 others on a business lunch and all of us thought the food was of excellent quality, the service was very efficient and curtious. The food was beautifully prepared with lovely presentation, made fresh, cooked to perfection. I had the Spicey Chicken Eggplant $9.95 with brown rice, a large helping for $1.50 extra charge. during the weekends, they have a nice lunch special menu for $7.95 a dish.

We sat outside on the large patio under a large, shady tree. The train station area is quiet and quaint, I love the atmosphere of this little hideaway spot in SLO.

Definitely a must do in SLO! Enjoy.

Reviewed 2 February 2012

In the small college town of San Luis Obispo, there are something like 6 Thai restaurants! Thai Elephant is my new favorite, based on the quality of the food. The location is away from downtown , near the train station in a nice quiet neighborhood Unlike downtown, there is abundant parking nearby. The restaurant space is very pleasant and the staff is friendly and provides good service. My favorite dish is the Mussamun vegetable curry with brown rice and tofu. Also outstanding is the Pad See-uw (not sure of the spelling). Prices are moderate. Not to be missed.