“Family Favorite”

Ranked #38 of 304 Restaurants in San Luis Obispo
Crystal Lake, Illinois
“Family Favorite”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Each and every time we visit our daughter at college, my wife insist we stop at the Urbane Cafe and I don't argue. The Rosemary Chicken sandwich is my wife and daughter's favorite.
Grilled Rosemary Chicken, Roasted Red Bell Pepper, Provolone Cheese, Green Leaf Lettuce, Tomato Aioli. I am a big fan of the Hot Pastrami and haven't ever been disappointed choosing it. A nice location and a nice place to enjoy lunch in downtown SLO.

• Visited October 2013

“Super delicious!”
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

We frequent urbane cafes whenever we find them..and this one was a stand out! First off..their was lots of beautiful wood in the decor..and they had booths to sit in..in a very large seating area. Much bigger and more decorated than any urbane cafe I had ever stayed before. The food had some new choices as well..such as the kale salad..which was very good. We had our usual Baja chicken sandwich..a warm gooey cheesy sandwich with a side salad..and enjoyed the kale salad later with our dinner. Very good..clean.tasty..at a great value.try it..you will be very happy if you live good..healthy flavorful sandwiches n salads.

Atascadero, California
“For Lunch or Light Dinner this place is a real winner!”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

What a wonderful location, menu, staff, and food! well now that I have summed it up, how about some details! The salad was wonderful, and the baby arugula is my wife's favorite and she was raving. The vegetarian sandwich I had was The Californian and it was perfect. Just perfect. Artichoke hearts, avocado, herb mayo, jack cheese and well yum! Now mix all that up with a seat on the patio in front and wow! The people watching goes on and on and on and I guess I am to going on and on and on!

• Visited October 2013
Morro Bay, California
“Bordering on 5 stars”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

An excellent sandwich in a great time frame! Seating is on the street so you can people watch as you eat. They offered a wide array of salads, but the Hot Pastrami got me! The place is clean, well run, and the fresh bread is a plus!

Madison, South Dakota
“Innovative, fresh salads”
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

Ate here while shopping in downtown SLO; fresh, yummy & innovative salads! Have eaten here before & we have never been disappointed. If you're looking for quick, fresh food (not sit down with table service) this is the perfect spot....enjoy!