I am going to need to travel to SLO three times a year for business and I would like to find a place that works for me, but I have mixed feelings about this B&B. I thought that the Heritage Inn was charming, but with a few glitches. These glitches could be easily eliminated, however.
1. The breakfasts are excellent! Rachel cooked marvelous and inventive quiche dishes as well as culinary marvels such as apricot scones and fluffy almond muffins. She was also very sweet and attentive.
2. The Heritage Inn is a charming, historic building that is decorated with love. I stayed in “Martha's Room” which had a homey touch – antiques, handmade quilts, a gas fireplace and fascinating vintage photographs. I felt at home.
3. The common areas are also well-appointed.
4. A beautiful creek meanders through the backyard of the B&B. Butterflies are attracted to the lovely flower garden and the owners have provided chairs so guests may enjoy the view.
5. When I arrived at 9 p.m. crackers, wine and cheese were set out for me. In fact, at all times, snacks, such as cake-like brownies, were available.
6. Free Wi-fi is provided.
7. Upon my arrival a key and note were left for me and I was able to find my way to "Martha's Room."
1. The first night it took me two hours to get to sleep because it was so cold I was shivering. After I borrowed a blanket from one of the empty rooms I was able to warm up enough to sleep. In the morning I complained and was told that the maid had forgotten to turn on the upstairs heater. (Because I didn’t get to sleep until after 1 am I was a bit groggy for an important meeting that I had the next day.)
2. The maid turned on the heater the second night, but the vent in my bedroom was stuck shut. I called about 8 p.m., but had to leave a message because no one was around. I tried to open the vent with a hanger, but that didn’t work. It was still too cold in the room, but not as cold as the night before. I didn’t need any extra blankets because enough heat had seeped under the door.
3. Because the vent was stuck shut it would make an annoying whistling sound every time the heater went on, so it would wake me up.
4. The location is nice because it is within walking distance of downtown, but be advised that it is in an area near other hotels/motels and is also located near a freeway on-ramp and off-ramp. I could hear occasional traffic sounds from my room (which faced the street), but it did not keep me awake at night.
5. I was not given a map of the city or any information about the city. I discovered a basket with maps in the dining room, but that was on my last day, so it didn’t do me any good. I had to ask directions at a nearby restaurant in order to orient myself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to your home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Heritage Inn B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Inn Bed And Breakfast
- Heritage Hotel San Luis Obispo