“Too little for too much money”

San Luis Obispo Children's Museum
More attraction details
Owner description: Preschool through elementary-age children learn about health, history, safety, science, nature and the arts through a series of innovate hands-on activities and exhibits.
Reviewed 1 January 2013

This Children's Museum has many of the standard activities that are expected, but is lacking in creativity as far as I am concerned. It is fun for children 4 and under, but I found that my grandsons have outgrown it and the expense is way to much ~ $8 per person, including the child!
So at 4 and 6, we are moving on to other opportunities in this beautiful area. The Museum could use more scheduled art and craft activities, puppet shows, story time, etc.
Parking is another issue, since one has to put a quarter in for every 20 minutes ~ or walk several blocks from the nearest parking structure. There is not even a family-friendly restaurant within walking distance, so I cannot recommend this place.

1  Thank MFIZ

Reviewed 25 November 2012

I really liked the old Museum before the remodel. It just has lost a little of it charm and it is a little more sterile environment. They have a new director and I hope they bring back more of the interactive displays. It is growing and that is a good thing with more displays outside.

Reviewed 23 September 2012

This place is awesome. I went to take my kids to a birthday party here and was amazed by the cool stuff. It brought out my curious, little kid, and adventuresome spirit. Did I mention that is was well priced, which makes it even cooler. Good fun at a cheap price, can't beat that. And it was a good bonding time with my kids too. If you have kids that have any interest in anything, then you should visit this place.

Reviewed 30 June 2012

This museum is perfect for about 5 and under with many exhibits to explore. The top floor is perfect for very young kids. A great place to go when it's too rainy outside to do anything else and kids 2 and under are free.

2  Thank musicmomie
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Such a pleasure to have something so great available to our kids! Always clean & always great to see the changing calendar.