“Great food and wine”
Review of Big Sky Cafe

Big Sky Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Big Sky Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

We have eaten here at least 40 times over the past 10 years though while driving between LA and Bay Area. Sandwiches, salads, or entres, whether fish meat or vegeterian, are all top rate. Great selection of mid coast wines and beers.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We were heading south on our way home on the 101 freeway, past lunchtime, ready to eat rocks after a long drive. We decided to take the high road and venture away from the truck stops and corporate greasepits to head for something more meaningful. the BSC is just off of the freeway, perhaps 2 minutes on a small street with parking across from the restaurant. The atmosphere was welcoming, and the service super attentive. But what struck me the most were the healthy but interesting menu offerings and the skill with which they were prepared. Great chilis, fish, vegetables, baked goods, thoughtful wine list (ok I didn't drive after lunch), and although it was a larger space I didn't feel deaf when I left the place. Thank you Big Sky. I'll be back.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

This is a restaurant for everyone - from kids to foodies (even kid foodies -or "koodies"). The service is attentive while not being intrusive, and the food was not only original and delicious, but reasonably priced. A definite place to return to next time I'm in the area.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I dine once for lunch and once for dinner, very courteous efficient staff, I enjoyed the buttermilk chicken over greens, - perfect serving size for lunch. Dessert was a crisp with oranges, odd but the flavor was bang on. Easy to find parking across the street, loved the patio as well.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Great array of Mediterranean, Asian and Mexican food. I love great salads that can be meals and this place delivers - all the salads can be vegetarian or have grilled chicken, shrimp or lamb added for a couple of dollars more. There is a list of tasty sandwiches with fresh/local produce and fresh bread, lots of delicious soups & stews, and several entrees available. There is a long list of local wines and beer available, plus daily specials of fish and soups, as well. It was hard to decide what to order but I decided on the Meza Salad which was a combination of vegetarian Mediterranean food (spinach falafel, canelli beans with lemon zest, babaganoush, hummus and fresh greens with grilled flat bread) and my husband ordered the turkey burger with avocado and melted Swiss cheese and sweet potatoes. We ordered hummus and flat bread as an appetizer and it was delicious. We also received a complimentary basket of corn muffins and wheat bread rolls. With sodas our bill came to $33. The restaurant has a great vibe - very California relaxed feeling, lots of natural light, local art and beautiful wood throughout. We left stuffed and satisfied.