“Melt in your mouth Barbeque”
Review of Old San Luis BBQ

Old San Luis BBQ
Ranked #37 of 304 Restaurants in San Luis Obispo
Cuisines: Barbecue
Gig Harbor, Washington
“Melt in your mouth Barbeque”
Reviewed 23 December 2012

I love this place! My mouth starts watering every time I think about the spicy sweet bbq sauce.This is my third trip back from Seattle and I keep begging him to market the sauce so that I can get it up there. Other long time Farmer's Market customers drive long distances to get his special meat rubs.(I talked with a guy who was waiting on his order) It's a tiny little walk up window with top of the line equipment behind it. Cal Poly engineering grad Matt Pearce was selling his bbq sandwiches chicken/tri tip from his bbq grill at the Farmers Market's and catering, and customers wanted his food more than just once a week so finally....! The tri tip sliders,pit plate, and corn pie are my favorites. Everyone else always orders the milkshakes ( I haven't tried them yet or the homemade fries.) The first time I tried the corn pie I back in August I told him my Grandma's corn casserole recipe that I make was better, but when I came back in October and now December I've changed my mind. Comfort food. Melt in your mouth yummy. Makin' myself hungry. Thank goodness I'm here for Christmas and can go get some NOW! Good Luck finding it. End of Higuera street. Next to a coffee shop. This is a quick pick up and take it to go kind of place. They pack everything you need in your bag. They do have a few little tables.

• Visited December 2012