“Great place for a date. ”

Sunset Drive-In Theatre
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

I live going to see movies here! It's relatively inexpensive and takes you back to the classic drive-ins that are becoming way too rare.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

We were open-minded about the swap meet, but after paying $1 each to get in, we were disappointed and depressed - it's just a lot of junk piled up on the ground, for the most park. Some of the produce places looked good, and the quesadilla vendor looked like they were cranking out some good food, but the stuff for sale was not worth checking out.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

I have been living in the US for almost five years. Prior to coming here, I would always hear of and see drive-in movie theaters on TV. So when I saw that this place was in SLO, when we visited over the Thanksgiving weekend, it was a must-see.

We actually went on Thanksgiving Day evening. It was only thanks to reading the Tripadvisor reviews that we knew we get to go see both movies for one price! Was such a a bargain. I think we paid $8 each. The sound quality over FM was surprisingly good (didn't have high expectations for a drive-in theater).

The second film we saw was pretty lame (Thor 2),but I do not hold that against the Sunset Drive-In Theater. :-)

If you are in town and have never had a drive-in movie theater experience, I definitely recommend it.

1  Thank TheGreatAmio
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Had a great time at Sunset. Unfortunately both of the movies were a bit awful, but I guess you're at the mercy of the scheduler for any Drive-in.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

One of the few remaining drive-in theaters, and just one exit away from our motel, we had to go during our visiti to SLO. Extremely reasonably priced! Although property and screen a bit aged, sound (FM broadcast) and picture (digital) quality was good. We had a good time!

1  Thank Michael H