“Delicious food!”

Taste Catering and Eatery
Ranked #12 of 304 Restaurants in San Luis Obispo
Cuisines: Healthy
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Love their MacN'cheese! I find myself craving it! And their sliders are so good. I tried their spring chicken slider and I could have gone for another if I hadn't been so full from that and the cheddar bacon mac.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

My wife and I just tried Taste for the first time and loved it! Think Tapas ... Small plates filled with delightful food! I had a trio of a beef and cheddar slider with bacon, grilled onions and tomato, their "gluten free" Mac n Cheese which was roasted cauliflower with a great cheese sauce baked to perfection, and the house salad with beets, cucumber, onions and fresh greens in a lite dressing ... All delicious! My wife had the lamb skewers which were nicely seasoned and very flavorful, and their daily flatbread which was amazing ... Soft round crust topped with fresh tomato and cheese, basil and mushrooms. Very fragrant and tasty! We tried their Pot de Chocolat which was thick rich and creamy, just great! Will definitely be back to try their many other dishes, including some unusual bruschettas which were topped with goat cheese and figs or a dozen other choices. Sound too good to miss! But do not pass up the Mac n Cheese ... Yum!

Reviewed 27 March 2014

A friend invited us to have lunch with her at Taste, a restaurant that had catered her Christmas party. She was very enthusiastic about this place, for good reason it turns out.

The main menu items at Taste are small hamburgers called Slidersn. The concept of a small burger isn't new to Taste; I'd had sliders many times at White Castle fast food restaurants over the years. However, these sliders were nothing like what I'd had at WC. They were served on a 3-inch-square toasted Ciabatta roll with lettuce and a slice of fresh tomato. The meat was well prepared and delicious. I also had a "Mini Mac" side order of Mac-and-cheese, one of several choices of cheese-based side dishes, and it, too, was excellent. One caution, I elected the Taste Union menu option which gave me three sliders and they were more than I could reasonably handle for a lunch meal.

My more health conscious companions had soups and one of six salad choices and they were well-satisfied, too. Beware coming to Taste just at noon as the line for a quickly. I'd recommend Taste as a casual, off-beat place for really good food at reasonable prices.

Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Went here for lunch with a friend who eats here weekly. I can see why. The menu is fresh and interesting. Various mini sliders appeal to carnivores while the many salads offer lighter options. I had 1/2 plate of two salads-- quinoa with beets and walnuts; lentil salad. Both were Delish. Cost $10 and I am eating the 2d half for lunch today. I will definitely return.

1  Thank PismoLulu
Reviewed 11 January 2014

For $10 or $15, you can taste 2 or 3 menu items like a slider and a salad, or mac & cheese, a slider and a salad. Each portion looks small but when you combine a little of this and a little of that, you end up plenty satisfied.

The original combinations of flavors (or tastes) also leaves you satisfied. I've had the salmon cake slider, the beef slider with fig and goat's cheese, the quinoa salad and the kale salad. Each time my plate looked like I'd licked it. I swear I wanted to but didn't.