“A Great Place to Get Away and Relax”
Review of Peach Tree Inn

Peach Tree Inn
Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Auburn, California
“A Great Place to Get Away and Relax”
Reviewed 16 April 2011

My wife and I have stayed at the Peach Tree numerous times and we are never disappointed. Everyone is extremely friendly and helpful. It has a real family atmosphere feel. Our room has always been clean and comfortable. We especially like it that we can park our car right outside our room door. The hotel is just minutes from downtown San Luis Obispo, wine tasting, the mission, and nice restaurants. When we visit, we love to just relax, put our feet up, and read a good book on their comfortable deck in a nice rocker.

If you are looking for a welcoming and warm environment in San Luis Obispo, I would highly recommend the Peach Tree Inn.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dave678

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Aliso Viejo, California
Reviewed 13 April 2011

I have stayed at the Peach tree as a regular since 1995. Over the years the place has just gotten better and better. new beds now and a new office and many of the rooms have a bigger bathroom. There are so many great things to say about the Peach Tree Inn that I am at a loss as to where to begin. The main thing is the people that run it. Claire and Hitch and Sandy and Earnie are the salt of the earth. Many times I have asked for a room and couldnt get there until way after midnight and they would have a key in an envelope taped to the outside of my room. Incredible. I remember one time when I bought a lot of Christmas gifts at the downtown shopping area and I brought them all into the office to put on a table, Claire offered to wrap them all for me. I just couldnt believe it! I really dont know how to wrap and there were all my christmas gifts all wrapped with great looking xmas paper and done professionally and she wouldnt take anything for it. She said it was her pleasure to do it for me. Try getting service like that anywhere in SLO or even in California!! The staff knows my daughter attends Cal Poly and has told me over and over again that if she ever was in a situation she could come to them and they would treat her as if she was their daughter. I could go on an on about these people, you wont find anything like them anywhere..
The rooms are cozy and quaint and clean, the inn is near the 101 and also not far away from the downtown. Walking there and back is a breeze. I love the free breakfast in the morning of eggs, coffee, juices, breads, and cereals. I normally warm up the chocolate muffins and have that with eggs and fresh strawberries. I love this place and highly recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Talk to Claire and let her know what room suits
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank urwatusay
The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed 8 April 2011

The hotel was really, really nice....40 years ago! Outdated, old looking, and drab...Decor was depressing...breakfast was food - no taste...just food..
Front office people were nice...
They did have several movies on VCR tapes to borrow....Does that say it all?

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Happyhubby&Daddy
Lodi, California
Reviewed 31 March 2011

We were staying at The Peachtree Inn for a Bachlorette Weekend. There were 7 of us in thr group and when making the reservations the Maid of Honor had requested 2 room with 2 beds each. this was to help keep costs down and we were all fine sharing a bed with each other. She had told the person taking the reservations that there would be 4 girls in each room.
Once we get to the hotel the manager Claire seemed to already have an attitude. Calling our MOH a liar saying she didn't tell the person there would be 4 girls in a room and their limit is 2 per room. She told us she didn't want a lot of noise so she gave us 2 adjoining rooms, only 1 room had a king and the other 2 doubles. She told us she would have to charge us an additional $10 per person in each room over the max of 2 per room. It was either that or put us in 4 rooms (3 rooms were not an option for some reason) That was settled and we were told that we could split the bill on all of our credit cards during check out.

The rooms were older and pretty shabby. Nothing great. The beds were horrible I don't think any of us slept well. They had an okay breakfast in the morning of store bought muffins, fruit, oatmeal, cereal and toast.
Come check out we had to deal with the moody Claire again. She then proceeded to tell us that we couldn't all split the bill onto our credit cards because she gets charged $2 per transaction. We were all pretty fed up at this point with her and her attitude and the lies that we offered to pay the additional $2. To which we got more attitude.
In the end our MOH just paid with one card and we had to pay her back.

Needless to say we will never being using this hotel again. Even though it is a reasonably priced place, I would rather pay more for somewhere else rather than deal with the lack of customer service and attitude from the management at The Peachtree Inn.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed 27 February 2011

I like supporting local business whenever I find one worthwhile, and the Peach Tree Inn is a place I'll be returning to on future visits to SLO. I'm 52 and arrived with my 24 year old son. We both loved it there. Evening staff was very friendly, and helpful with info concerning places to go in town. Morning staff was equally friendly. Very homey atmosphere. In the nicely stocked breakfast room I talked with a few other travelers who all shared my feelings about the place. Then I met the owner who had just arrived, a very sweet lady, and then her husband, and had very nice conversations with them both about all sorts of things. They are in their 60s (?) and care very much about the quality of their guests' stay. Parents of SLO students who visit will find the Peach Tree Inn to be a very nice experience.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank TravelingBruce
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed 9 February 2011

Old school, single story motel - drive your car right to your door. Rooms were spotless - better than many newer and much more expensive places. Don't hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank khmetalworkdotcom
Green Valley, Arizona
Reviewed 8 February 2011

This hotel/ motel was a very pleasant surprise. The room was very clean ,comfortable, well maintained and equipped. The hotel personnel were very helpful and friendly. The grounds were well kept and inviting. Very convenient to downtown SLO. This has to be one of the best kept secrets in the whole area. Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business