“Almost Perfect”
Review of Peach Tree Inn

Peach Tree Inn
Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Great setting in San Luis, very pleasant and well-kept grounds. Perfect on ambiance, excellent effort on breakfast. The common room is exceptional. For a well-kept and somewhat refurbished old road hotel it is truly a gem, and you get to park right in front of your room of course. Wifi is great and they have a library of classic VCR tapes if you lean that way. Staff was exceptionally pleasant. Grounds are quiet though near a main road and not very far from the freeway. Some kind of acoustic magic.

I'd rate it tops save for two minor issues. For the price, the rooms are just a hair cramped. And in our room both chairs were near end of life, with one having a leg that rolled under when the mrs sat on it lightly (she's small and light, too). Everything else was maintained perfectly though.

Room Tip: I doubt there's a bad one. Don't worry about it.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 August 2013

We have been visiting the Peach Tree Inn annually for over twenty plus years. One of the best finds in the area, coupling clean rooms, reasonable rates, great location, helpful staff and one of the truly great breakfast rooms/breakfasts ever. Further, the owners are helpful, friendly and a delight. If you are looking for a one-nighter while traveling or a base for visiting SLO, Paso Robles, Arroyo Grande or the Edna Valley this is the place to stay, hands down.

Room Tip: The Creekside rooms are charming with patios overlooking the creek. Very quiet also.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I found this inn by searching Trip Advisor ratings and was very pleased with it. We had two king rooms, next door to each other that had a great view of the mountains from the double chair that was set in front of the room. The property is attractive with a large tree, decorated with white lights at night, in the center, and plenty of seating here and there to admire the mountain view. Rooms were clean and very comfortable - nice supportive mattresses, good pillows, flat screen TV, ice buckets, toiletries - were all fine. The breakfast was very good, with plenty of choices even if you are gluten free or on a diet. All kinds of coffee, juices, cereals, hot and cold (we especially liked the oatmeal in the crock pot), huge muffins, hard boiled eggs, and several types of fresh fruit including real pineapple chunks. The trolley has a stop here if you want to go downtown, it is fifty cents per person! You could walk if you had stamina as it is not really that far. Overall, I would say this is a great choice at a reasonable price in San Luis Obispo.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Stayed one night in route up the coast. This is an older motel that has been remodeled , the room decor is a little funky but cute. The room was clean , quiet and very comfortable. three of my top priorities!
The motel staff were friendly and welcoming.
Breakfast was a continental style , very extensive. Since I do not eat wheat I am usually not very interested in these breakfasts, I went to get some coffee and was pleasantly surprised to find hard boiled eggs and hot sauce, yum! For those interested in wheat, plenty of cereals to choose from. Big Costco muffins, toast , peanut butter, butter, jelly. Great selection of fresh fruit.
This place was a great find, we will be back for next trip south. Great value!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank suzeego
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We stayed at this place, as a less expensive place to be to go to the hotsprings. The room was fine, the breakfast was fine, etc. However upon getting home I looked at my credit card statement and saw that we were charged about $20-$30 extra, after taxes, etc. than the quoted rate. I made a couple of calls to the hotel, and was promised a call back, but it never came. I read the "double charged" review and could relate. It just leaves a bad taste.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank paulkon
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I stayed at the hotel for a wedding weekend. When I checked out, they asked me if I wanted to use the Visa I had on file - I did not give them a VISA to hold the room which should have alerted me that something was majorly wrong. I gave them the correct credit card and was on my way, only to find an additional charge turn up on my Amex. I called TWICE to fix this charge - only to hear that this kind of stuff happens all the time at weddings and even though I was NOT registered for two rooms, they could not reverse the second charge until they found someone to pay for it. I have never heard of anything so absurd. She KNEW it was their mistake and still insisted on keeping the charge on my card. INSANE. The manager's name is Esperanza. AVOID THIS PLACE.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank EMJ2013
peachtree2001, Owner at Peach Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Hey there, EMJ

We are very sorry about your experience with us. Whatever happened, please just know that we didn't do it on purpose. We trust you with our own home, and you trust us with a safe, clean, and comfortable place to sleep and especially fairness when it comes to your money and your livelihood.

We have spoken with you about your double charge and we've refunded you the correct amount. We hope you are satisfied and accept our apologies.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

We loved this place. It was neat and clean. Staff was friendly and efficient. No bugs always makes me happy and the breakfast had large bakery muffins and fresh fruit. The price is great for the area but call them and make a reservation because this place stays booked up.

• Stayed: August 2013