“Good Place to Stay with Great Value”
Review of Peach Tree Inn

Peach Tree Inn
Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We frequent SLO many times a year but this was the first time staying at Peach Tree Inn and we were not disappointed. When making reservations for our most recent stay, we were concerned that our usual hotels were fully booked and Peach Tree Inn was not booked at the time, but we did luck out was another option in SLO. The staff were courteous and attentive, the rooms were clean and well maintained (though a little updating would help), the location prefect for walking into downtown SLO, and the breakfast did the job.

My only comment (and not really a big deal) is they brought a whole new definition to a "low flow showerhead". I support water conservation (especially with our current drought), but I have never experienced what I would consider a "almost no-flow showerhead".

We plan on staying at Peach Tree again in late April '14 (SLO Marathon) and we will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Over recent years we have stayed in both the rooms in the upper area but the best of the best are the Creek Side rooms. In staying here, I have met and enjoyed the owner, managers and service people who are responsible for making this destination what it is. The breakfast buffet which is great in itself is a place where I've met and visited with people from several foreign countries and of course, the USA. The informal seating areas have table top glass covers displaying smiling faces of happy travelers, who have sent back photos taken while there. The lounge area makes for early morning time to become fully awake, and to plan out the day so as not to miss anything while in SLO.

The Creek Side Rooms we've stayed in each have a balcony and seating area to enjoy the tranquility of the wooded creek below us. The birds flitting about or waterfowl sailing overhead make bird watching fun. And then there are the pleasant chirping sounds together with the creek flowing by which mix to tranquilize even the most uptight visitor.

San Luis Obispo in day or by night is a place to find many great eateries. For entertainment, there are so many things to do. It's a quaint college town and it evokes a feeling of youth, vitality and culture. If one is up to it, walk from the motel to downtown. Otherwise drive there and park in the city parking sites and take more limited, adventuresome walks. Enjoy also the street farmers market. But when the day ends for us, it is a great treat to return Creek side, open the slider wide and enjoy a romantic evening together, which is why we are there.

Room Tip: Again, reserve one of the great Creek side rooms. Me being an early riser, I recommend among other...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Love, love , love this place. Although this is an older property, it is impeccably maintained. The staff is very friendly and knowledgable. The owner, Floyd, planted roses throughout the property and maintains them. Totally not necessary but very nice touch and reflects the care he and his wife put into the place. Great value. Great place. Will stay there again if I'm in the area and definitely would recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank purpleknitter
Reviewed 13 January 2014

From the front it doesn't seem like much, but then you meet the staff at the front desk. Friendliness with a smile just melts the long trip away. The room was very clean and the bed comfortable. The grounds are extremely well kept and the parking is very convenient. I will definitely come back. Yhe location is on one of the main strips in town. I would have given 5 stars if it was newer, but that is the only negative. I highly recommend.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dave V
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stay here every-time we are in San Louise Obispo. The hotel is extremely well maintained with each room having its own charm. The beds / pillows are so comfortable that we always get a good nights sleep. The breakfast is wonderful, the food is good, always includes fresh fruit, and other healthy choices . You have your pick of newspapers and a view of the mountains that are hard to beat. The hotel also has books to read and a good collection of movies for you to use. All-in-all we think of this place as our "home away from home". The staff is always helpful and smiling and there is always plenty of ice for the long ride home.

Room Tip: If you want a big screen TV make sure to let them know when you make your reservation.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank SeaCat07
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Cutest, coziest, AND spacious! The service is excellent. The breakfast is just superb. There was absolutely no shortage of quality here. The staff is so warm and friendly. You really get the bang for your buck.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Nika H
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I was very excited to stay here based on the sweet deal we got. We had the winter special, stay 2 nights get the third free. I have mixed feelings about my overall stay. Let me say, I booked a queen room in the front of the hotel. I am currently pregnant, and understand that may slightly make me a bit more picky about my rooms. The positive first, the bathroom is very nice and up to date. The staff at the hotel are very friendly and the morning breakfast is decent. The not so good. We stayed in a queen at the front of the hotel, which I would not recommend. The outside lights were so bright it really affected my sleep. Our room felt incredibly stuffy. We constantly had to turn on the AC and the outside temp was pretty cold. THe room was pretty small. Overall, it was decent stay, but i don't know if I would do it again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple