“Fantastic Small Friendly Hotel”
Review of Peach Tree Inn

Peach Tree Inn
Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel sadly for just one night. We were on our way back to San Francisco from LA. The reviews of this hotel caught our eye, so we thought we would try it. It is a small motel/hotel with very clean but small rooms. It is set in a round and has a nicely landscaped garden. The breakfast is served in the main reception building and was OK, but nothing special. What was very special, was the service and advice and time taken by the staff to answer any question you had, print off travel documents etc etc. It was a pleasure to stay in this motel after the unfriendly chains we had become accustomed to. My advice, if you want a nice, clean room and fantastic service, book a night at this little beauty, it won't let you down.

Recommended.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Peach Tree Inn

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We used the Peach Tree as a place to crash overnight, with an ideal location for reaching Los Angeles by lunchtime on the second day. It was a perfect place to stop, as all the most challenging parts of the journey have been negotiated by the time you arrive.

The room was large, with a big king bed and a huge tv. Bathroom was clean and well equipped. The staff gave us a great dinner recommendation, a brilliant Irish pub thirty seconds walk away.

Breakfast was interesting. It's very basic buffet, make your own toast, serve your own cereal. For the price this was fine but it was not at all an American style breakfast.

Good value for money, particularly if you can get a room only rate. Eat locally elsewhere instead.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FTP82
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The Peach Tree was a solid place to stay. The hotel is older for sure, the decor is sad, it smells a bit (like old, not like it is unclean) and the rooms are a bit small, but it's perfectly fine as a stop-over. The bed was pretty bad, but the internet was pretty good.

Oh, the breakfast was great. Most people wouldn't agree with me, but a Costco muffin is always a nice break from the typical hotel breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank ralverde
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My family and I stayed one night on our way home after traveling to Northern California. The receptionist was sweet, professional, and helpful. She quickly found a DVD player for our room, when we discovered we didn't have one. The free continental breakfast was adequate, and it was nice eating on the porch while reading the newspaper. The room, although a bit dated and worn, was small but clean and comfortable. My young daughters enjoyed the grassy areas for play, and the big swing. Next time I'll request a room at the very back of the property, next to the creek.
There are plenty of good places to eat within walking distance of the motel. The motel is easy to find, right off the 101, and is close to the center of town.

Room Tip: Choose a room toward the back of the property.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed for one night as part of my trip down the PCH.
Check-in was quick. The room was clean. The staff were relatively friendly. They didn't go over and beyond but I wouldn't say I had a negative experience.
There was a good selection at breakfast. Pastries, cereal, toast, muffins. Juices and tea or coffee.
It was a very antique feel to it - maybe in need of a revamp to make it modern but I wasn't too bothered.
Nice to see a selection of free toileties in the room like shampoo/condition, soaps etc as this wasn't expected.
Car parking facilities were good - your car can be parked right outside your room.
I would definitely say that you would need a car to get around if you did stay here.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We had booked one night in advance but our travel plans changed and we stayed an extra night. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was complimentary and the choice was just fantastic. Wifi was also available free for guests.

Room Tip: Our room was in the front of the hotel and was quiet when we stayed but if you want to be extra sur...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank planb4ugoCork
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Continuing our drive down the West coast of California, we were booked in for an overnight stop in the Peach Tree Inn. For an overnight stop, we simply want the basics to be done properly: friendly, welcoming and helpful reception; an impeccably clean room and bathroom; a comfortable bed and pillows, quiet, and the right temperature in the room (heat or air conditioning, depending on season) for a good night's sleep; somewhere to park not too far away; space for our things; a good, free, wifi connection; somewhere reasonable to eat (close by or in the hotel), and a good quality - not necessarily copious - breakfast; all at reasonable cost. Tea and coffee-making facilities are a big plus, though I'll manage without if I can get refreshments when I want them. Also not essential but a definite plus (for us anyway): a safe, fridge and/or minibar, iron and board. Fitness/sauna/pool? Not for an overnight stop, though if course all these things count for longer stays.
So, I am working up to reviewing our overnight stay in this hotel. On all counts it met my criteria apart from the breakfast. It may seem petty, but I abhor having to use plastic "cutlery" and paper plates; for me, it really is penny-pinching and does not belong in a hotel of otherwise excellent prestations. Overall this hotel did what I wanted; indeed it passed my tests with flying colours, apart, of course for the plastic knives and forks and paper plates
There are many other hotels in the same area, but we were very happy with this choice.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple