“I feel good!”

Price range: US$10 - US$12
Toronto, Ontario
“I feel good!”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Hubby and I ate here on our drive up the coast. Specifically stopped in San Luis Obispo for Bliss. The location is a little odd, but once you're in the restaurant you don't even think about it. I had a salad and my husband had a wrap...we also shared a piece of living carrot cake. The food was good, not great, but fresh and organic and tasty. We had to send back the wrap because it had something in it that wasn't noted on the menu (hubby has an allergy) and I was missing the avocado on my salad. They fixed both issues with no problem. The carrot cake was delish! All and all we got what we came for and felt great afterwards!

• Visited January 2014

“Healthy with live food”
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

Peruse the menu, place your order, grab your utensils and your own water, then wander out back to the quaint patio next to the creek. We tried the lentil soup and a veggie curry bowl. Both were full of flavor. Check out the "live" food, including desserts on display.

Los Osos, California
“GREAT food, but SLOW....”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

2 of us went to Bliss for the first time after seeing it on KSBY. We had the "Peace Plate" and the "Seaweed Avocado Wrap", both $10 each. The food was all excellent, and good portions too. Unfortunately, the whole experience fell short of us being totally satisfied since we had to wait a good 25 minutes for the food to be served, and there was only 1 other person in front of us who had just ordered and needed to be served ahead of us. It did appear as though maybe each little side item of our 2 dishes had been individually made at time of order though, and I must say, the food was worth the wait, but it still just took too long. Very bad if this is the time it takes each and every order, especially for those on a timed lunch break, you'd never make it. We will try it again, and see how it goes, so I hope the pace will be faster next time.

• Visited January 2014
Big Sur
“I eat here every time I'm in San Luis”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I don't eat out often, because every time I do I feel like I should have just put in the time to make the same meal myself for a lot cheaper, with ingredients that I know are healthy and will make me feel good. I also can't eat wheat, don't eat meat, and prefer not to eat any sugar. I hate to be the person asking about the ingredients of every dish, so I usually just don't go.

But at Bliss Cafe I feel no hesitation. They are mindful of what goes into their meals, and are happy to share the ingredients because they are so pumped about how awesome they are. There are options for every type of food intolerance or preference: raw, gluten free, vegan, grain free, etc. And even if you don't have such needs, the food here is delicious and should please anyone.

They have a variety of options, from salads to curries to burritos and tacos, but it doesn't feel mismatched. There is a cohesive theme of ingredients and sauces that taste unique to this place. The serving sizes are really big, and the prices are more than fair. They also have fresh juices and smoothies, locally brewed kombucha, and AMAZING desserts. The desserts are a bit pricey but they are raw, sprouted, and often gluten/sugar free. It is worth it; they are so good and you don't feel like an overfull sloth after you eat them.

The folks who work here have always been friendly and helpful to us, and the environment is lovely. I recommend Bliss cafe with the highest regard.

• Visited September 2013
San Luis Obispo, California
“Amazing veggie food”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

This is a small hidden cafe near the creek. They are totally vegetarian and cook according to Indian principals of body balancing elements. I always feel 100% healthier after eating there!

Try the organic homemade yogurt -- for sale in mason jars in the cooler as you walk in.

Visited August 2013