“Very Satisfied with Overall Exerience”
Review of Los Padres Motel

Los Padres Motel
Ranked #19 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Reviewed 8 June 2011

Nice, small motel and very reasonable price - $54 with tax. Small rooms but clean, quiet and safe. Slept very well. The woman and the desk was friendly. Only complaint was that the small fridge in the room did not work. They did not offer to replace but did let me keep my food items in their own fridge.

Room Tip: Booking.com had a good price.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 28 April 2011

I stayed here for three nights. The hotel is just a few blocks away from the downtown area, and it's easily walkable. The room was inexpensive and clean. A bit small, compared to most chain motels, but it was adequate for me. They have free wifi. I didn't try to breakfast; there are plenty of nice(r) options in the neighborhood.

For the budget minded, this is an easy choice in SLO. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank DonTobi
Reviewed 22 February 2011

This 60's era motel is a charming and less expensive to the other hotel options in SLO. It is well kept-up and within a short walk to great breakfast spots and downtown SLO is a 10 minute walk away. My girlfriend and I stayed during February where at night it was in the 30's and 40's. The room had an AC unit with heater (plus a space heater) to keep us warm. The beds aren't the greatest but we slept fine. I would have no problem staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LBsean
Reviewed 30 October 2010

Los Padres has a nice, classic touch to it - how Motels used to be, unlike today's Motel chains. The rooms have a classy touch and are spacious with almost everything you desire - except for an air condition that is.

But that said, the ceiling fans were completely sufficient even on the 110°F day we were there. Location is about perfect as downtown San Luis Obispo is just within few minutes of walking - which really is the way to go here as San Luis Obispo has an almost Mediterrenean charm.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank ConHei
Reviewed 8 October 2010

Los Padres Inn is in a great location within walking distance of downtown SLO - I assume that's why the place was very expensive (in my opinion) for the quality of the room. My main complaint is the lack of air conditioning - I was there during the heatwave in late September and the room was absolutely boiling. My room wasn't the only one which was really hot because everyone else had their doors open with fans trying to blow in some cool air. Maybe I'm unreasonable, but if I pay $ 100.00 per night for a room, I expect AC and really hope for a coffeemaker - which it also didn't have. Apart from that, staff was very friendly, the room was very clean, fairly spacious and it had a fridge, but it just was not worth the money.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 June 2010

We sometimes tend to think that it's always the hotels fault when we don't get what we want, but I think some responsibility lies with fellow travellers and how considerate or inconsiderate they are to others staying at the same hotel.

My family and I rented a room at the Los Padres Inn. We found it clean, nice and the Innkeeper was very friendly and helpful. The location of the hotel was near everything and the value was good. For a small "mom and pop" hotel, we were very happy to stay there.

I noticed our next door neighbors were young and loud, so I requested if we could be moved to another room. The Innkeeper would have happily moved us, but she was booked for the night. If there was any trouble, please let her know and she would take care of it. The young people next door left for the evening around 11:30pm. At 2am, they came back and were loud and obnoxious. No consideration at all for their fellow travelers. I ended up calling the Innkeeper who promptly went to the room and the revelers died wound down for the evening.

The hotel did as much as they could under the circumstances and for that I am grateful. But seriously, travelers should have consideration for each other. Yes, have a good time on your trip, but you are sharing a "home" with other people. It would be good to remember that!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank ChumsMum01
Reviewed 30 November 2009

We were in town to spend Thanksgiving with family, but wanted a place of our own to go back to each night. Not sure why the rates were so cheap because it was a busy holiday weekend, but we got a rate of around $60 a night for a 4 night stay. We really only slept and took showers there, so we were glad not to have to spend a lot of money. I would describe the room as adequate, but I would have been disappointed to have spent any more than $60 for the room. It was small, the sheets had a couple stains, the bed was not that comfortable, the towels were thin and small, the heater was old and noisy. On the upside, the front desk was very helpful and friendly, the free wi-fi was fast, and the parking was not a problem.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple