“Fabulous Cioppino!”
Review of Ciopinot

Ciopinot
Reserve with OpenTable
Ciopinot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Aliso Viejo, California
“Fabulous Cioppino!”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My second time back and I love this place. The "no work" cioppino is UH-Mazing! The broth is what really makes this dish. It's located in such a cute area and the staff was great. Very attentive and nice. If I make my way back up to SLO again, I will be stopping here again.

1 Thank NBruin02

Los Angeles, California
“Romantic and satisfying”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

We wanted wine and bread and seafood, so all roads (research) led us here for a nice Saturday night dinner. Called a only couple of hours in advance and was able to score a reservation slot in main dining room. Saw in a review that they allow outside wine with no corkage or minimal I can't remember. Regardless, there is a great wine shop around the corner so that was our first stop!
Everything was extremely pleasant - the food, service, presentation... Will definitely be back. Doesn't seem to be many comparable places in the SLO area.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Krissy C
Washington DC
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We came on a very busy and somewhat noisy night (Father's Day and local graduation ceremony that weekend), but we were quickly accommodated by a very friendly host/manager/owner(?) who seated us in a nice spot. My wife ordered the Alaskan King Crab legs which she knows very well. She said they were very well done. I had the swordfish which was fresh and a prime center cut. The calamari was, simply put, the best we've ever had. We went to a number of restaurants while on vacation and it seems good food is not hard to find in California. Ciopinot was near the top of a number of great restaurants we dined at and we would return in a heartbeat.

North Hills
“Excellent - again”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My two colleagues and I have had dinner at Ciopinot at least a half dozen times over a five-year span. Our server, I believe her name was Anne, was spot-on every step of the way. I ordered a Chopin vodka martini up with olives. Kudos to the bar tender for getting it just right. We also brought in three bottles of expensive wine (no corkage fees that night). The clam chowder was very good and my seafood pasta entrée was superb. Even the bus boy was very sharp. My colleagues and I had a great time - again.

3 Thank Robert L
San Luis Obispo, California
“Best in SLO”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Ciopinot continues to deliver superb food and excellent service. Always a great dining experience. I just got home from another wonderful evening. Prices are a bit on the higher end, but worth every penny and I savor my occasional dining experiences here. My son, an airplane pilot, has twice landed in SLO very close to closing time and Ciopinot's has graciously kept their doors open. I have eaten here with family, friends and even treated my staff to dinner. Thanks!

1 Thank L K