“Cioppino!!!!!!!!!”
Review of Ciopinot

Ciopinot
Reserve with OpenTable
Ciopinot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We went here based on the reviews on TripAdvisor and we were not disappointed! We made reservations, but showed up about 30 minutes early. We were quickly given a table and were able to peruse the wine list. This place does not charge a corkage fee for the first 4 bottles! What a deal! However, if you don't bring your own wine, they have an extensive list. We both chose a local red. They serve a generous glass!

My husband and I decided to share the ahi tuna appetizer which was sashimi, 2 ahi tacos, and ahi in a sesame marinade on wantons. It was all raw and absolutely lovely! We enjoyed every bite. Then we each had a small caesar salad, which was so flavorful and also of a good size. My husband loves anchovies which they will serve on top if you wish. I didn't partake, but loved the salad! Finally we split the "no work" Cioppino. They will split items without charging you, into smaller bowls. The broth was heavenly and it was filled with fish! I'm glad we split it as I wasn't able to finish my half.

I want to mention that our server, Shawn, was excellent! She was very knowledgeable, professional, and charismatic. She came to our table often enough to take great care of us, but not be intrusive. We had a relaxing, decadent meal, without feeling rushed. The place was full and we never felt that our service suffered.

If you like seafood and particularly Cioppino with homemade bread, try this place out!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Highly recommend the "special" trio appetizer. Fantastic! The service is great, friendly and professional. We were celebrating a birthday and they gave us the most amazing dessert to top off a wonderful meal. This will be a regular stop for me when I am in the SLO area.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Great service staff and dinner. Our Cioppino was great (tasty broth and fresh variety of seafood). We split our Cioppino with a salad. We brought our own wine (from our earlier winery tasting) and that made the evening even better. Others in our party enjoyed their dinners as well.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This place was amazing, check out some places to eat and take my wife out for a nice dinner. Saw Ciopinot had some great reviews but wanted to check this out for myself, and I was not disappointed at all. The owner was the host of this place and sat us at our table, and he knew so many people return customers to this place. Food was great and the price was on point for that type of restaurant.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Chose Ciopinot to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. Everything is great at Ciopinot, but they are known for their cioppino, seafood and wine. For appetizers, I definitely recommend the tuna tartar sampler. If they have the stone crab claws as an appetizer, get that as well. Shawn, our waitress, was friendly and very attentive. My husband was going to get calamari, but Shawn recommended the the diver's scallops that were a special that night. It felt like an eternity while my husband pondered all the choices. Shawn put in her final words, "you won't be sorry if you order the scallops." Needless to say, my husband was very happy that he took Shawn's recommendation. For dessert, we shared the berry cobbler a la mode. It is TO...DIE...FOR!!!

The vibe is high quality, casual and friendly. I also like that despite the quality of their food and wine offerings, they are not stodgy. I've added a picture from their menu that demonstrates this...It says: "No corkage fees for the first four bottles. $10 for each bottle thereafter. No split plate charge. No automatic gratuity on any size party." Where do you see that in a quality restaurant?

I definitely recommend Ciopinot!