“Home made marshmallow & s'mores goodness!!!”

Splash Cafe and Artisan Bakery
Price range: US$6 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Splash Cafe ~ Artisan Bakery is located in San Luis Obispo, CA. In 2005, we opened this second location in San Luis Obispo and expanded to include an artisan bakery too! The bakery features artisan breads, pastries & desserts baked fresh daily. Each item from the bakery is carefully created and guaranteed to delight your senses.The café has a larger selection of salads and specialty sandwiches as well as signature ‘sun pizzas’! Come and enjoy!
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My wife and I were staying at the next door B&B and decided to pop in to see the treats. With such a great array of home made concoctions we were picking things out to share like kids in an ice cream parlor. Go ahead and stop in, but beware of their shelves of chocolate and baked goods!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I read so many good reviews about the clam chowder that I had to stop by Splash while in SLO. There are more than one location and this one was known as the less busy one. There were 3 of us and we each ordered the calm chowder with clam toppings. The clam chowder was good on the first few bites, but is definitely heavy on cream. After the halfway point, it was hard to finish as it was so heavy. The chowder was a little bland and needed some black pepper and Tobasco to help it out. Unfortunately, this time around, the chowder did not live up to the hype.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This place is packed but the food is more like fast food then artisan bakery. The service was nothing less than rude. The pizza was ok, tasted more like microwave pizza. The grilled salmon salad was just ok. The bread bowl was good, the soup inside was a little too rich in taste. Overall I didn't feel like I was eating anything fresh, it tasted like fast food. Overall I wasn't impressed.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We arrived in the afternoon and we were happy to find that Splash had its own parking lot. The restaurant is rather small and was very full, but has a nice, lively vibe to it. I noticed immediately that the baked good's case was rather empty (a good sign!) We secured a table after about 5 minutes and when we went to order the lady quickly offered us a taste of their famous clam chowder (it was pretty good). (You order at the counter but they bring the food to your table.) We ordered the chili, a veggie burger, curly fries, pepperoni pizza and a turkey and cheese sandwich. The veggie burger was a black bean burger (which I liked), but I noticed they also offer a Gardenburger on the menu so you need to be aware that there are these two different choices when ordering veggie burgers. My son loved the turkey sandwich and the sun-shaped pizza appeared to be on a homemade crust which my daughter enjoyed. The curly fries are good and one order is enough for two people. My husband did not like the chili at all. We then ordered desserts (they looked so yummy!) I had the dark chocolate coated marshmallow which was good and a good portion for the price. My son had the red velvet cupcake which he enjoyed. My daughter had the lemon bar which looked good but had an odd smell and she did not like the flavor at all. I asked for gluten-free products and they said they do have gluten-free muffins in the morning but were out of them. I would definitely recommend this place for an economical meal, especially for a family with smaller children. I would love to go back earlier in the day to try out more of their pastries. From the looks of the empty cases in the latter part of the day I would say that they must be yummy!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

This is a very popular bakery, the food was lovely and the coffee very good
Very popular with college students
Nice outdoor area.