“Would go back”

San Luis Creek Lodge
Ranked #1 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Nice large, clean well equippped rooms and ours was quiet. Very friendly, helpful staff. Bit more than the 15 min walk to downtown that we were told, but not far enough to make taking the car worthwhile. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
June M, Manager at San Luis Creek Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2013

Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel. It is very nice to hear good comments about the staff. We try to do all we can to create a welcoming and comfortable place for our guests to enjoy.

Thank you again for taking the time out of your day to post this review, we really appreciate it!

June

Reviewed 9 May 2013

I spent one night at San Luis Creek Lodge on a vacation/business trip and really liked the place. The hotel was very clean and quiet. The room was very nicely decorated and was a pleasant change from the cookie-cutter chains. The price was a great value and I booked based on Trip Advisor rating. They just need to start their breakfast earlier

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. I understand that sometimes our guests need to leave early, particularly when on business. Ideally we hope to have all guests for our full breakfast but we do have 'to go' breakfast bags here if you are around when our gatehouse is open. We are also very happy to put some items together for you the evening before your departure to have in your room ready for an early departure. We need to make sure all of our guests are aware of these options in future. I thank you for that comment, it helps us to improve our service.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you next time,

June

Reviewed 20 April 2013

Enjoyed two nights here. Spacious room with gas fireplace. Staff was very helpful. We were leaving early one morning for kayak trip before breakfast open, and manager raced around to prepare some excellent bags of pastries, fruit and drinks for us, and found some towels for us to take kayaking. Cute decor with tudor theme in our building. Convenient to the downtown area which is about a mile away.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
June M, Manager at San Luis Creek Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Thank you for your review. I am glad I was around and able to provide a 'Breakfast to Go' for you. I hope you had fun at the beach and we would love to see you all in the future if you visit the area again...there's a lot to do here for the whole family!

Thanks again.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

Stayed here in early April. One of my favorite spots in SLO. Close to Cal Poly and a good walk to downtown. Comfortable bed and the breakfast is worthwhile and is included with your stay. Yes, it seems spendy, but after checking the prices of other motels that offer less value, I won't stay anyplace else on SLO.

• Stayed: April 2013
June M, Manager at San Luis Creek Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We do try to offer value to our guests. I am glad you appreciated our breakfast. We have made some additions to our offerings recently and I am very happy that they have been well received. Please come back and see us again, our lovely town has lots to offer!

Reviewed 18 April 2013

I just stayed at the San Luis Creek Lodge for one night and was very happy with my stay. As a solo female traveler it was a good option.

The location is right off of the 101 next to the Apple Farm and other lodging choices. While you can walk into the downtown area, it's about a mile from the two restaurants I like so I drove into town. (The only lodging option I have found that is right in the middle of downtown is the Garden Street Inn which is a decent B&B but the parking is a couple of blocks away.)

For the price I think it's a great place. The service was great-very nice and helpful staff. I stayed in the Plantation building. The room was a good size, had a nice King bed-on the firm side which I prefer, and all the amenities you need: free wifi, fridge, microwave, coffeemaker, DVD, HBO, nice bath products, parking near your room. The decor was nice enough and the bathroom was very elegant and spacious. (I did get a peek inside the Londonderry building during my tour of available rooms. It was a dark medieval decor-kind of too much for me personally.) The Plantation building which is in the back of the property is the best option for more privacy and no street noise. I did hear some frogs at night from the creek below which was pleasant. The large window looked out onto tree tops.

The only negative was that the blinds were very heavy and hard to operate. There was a note attached saying "don't raise the blinds" (?!?!) but the staff person who showed me the room said I could. A room as nice as this should have working blinds! I did not have the included breakfast so I can't comment on that. Aside from the blinds, it was a lovely room and I highly recommend the inn.

Room Tip: The Plantation building which is in the back of the property is the best option for more privacy and...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. We know that San Luis Obispo has many great options. We try to provide the best service possible and appreciate your comments. Our location is a little unusual and the Plantation Building, set back from the street is a great choice for privacy and for a quiet stay. I am glad you enjoyed the Frog's chorus, that is something we have no control over! I appreciate your mention of the blinds and will definitely look into that as soon as possible.
We hope to see you again, and thank you once more!

Reviewed 17 April 2013

I loved our quiet, pretty room at the back of the property. The bathroom was one of the prettiest I've experienced in our travels. Breakfast in the charming dining room was a treat. My husband was very impressed with the coffee cake! If I had any complaints, it would be that the towels were very thin and not in keeping with the luxurious feel of the surroundings. Also, the bar fridge, which is hidden inside the bedside table, had a very loud compressor that woke us several times in the night.
This was our first trip to SLO and we WILL BE BACK to test another room in this special spot.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for taking the time to write this review. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay so much. I appreciate your comments about the towels and am happy to report that we have just placed a large order for linens. I am sure you will be happy with our choice. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Please call if you need any information and we will be happy to help you.

Thanks again!

Reviewed 14 April 2013

We found this little B & B by using a Living Social coupon for a weekend stay in SLO. It was such a pleasant surprise! The room was very warm and felt like home, clean and recently updated! The staff was helpful, and very kind and served an awesome breakfast including Starbuck's coffee!! Loved it!

• Stayed: April 2013

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay so much. The very best recommendations come from our guests so we really appreciate your spreading the word!
Please call if you want to stay with us in the future and we will be happy to help you with any information you need. This is a wonderful area and one visit just isn't enough.

Thank you again for taking the time to write this review.