“Great Food!”
Review of Novo

Novo
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, View, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Broad st.
Description: Set against a rich eclectic backdrop, Novo's international flavors are the leading ingredients in an exotic dining experience. Located downtown San Luis Obispo in a historic turn of the century building with spectacular creekside dining. Multi award winning restaurant for food, service and ambiance. Extensive global and local wine and beer selection. Novo easily accommodates large parties either on one of the patios in in their lower level "cellar room". A favorite with both locals and tourists, Novo is a truly a San Luis Obispo experience.
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Went once for lunch, had the lettuce wraps with flat iron steak, perfect. Had the carrot cheesecake for dessert - the best I have ever eaten! Went for dinner, had the salmon bisque and calamari - perfect. Loved the wine (local) really enjoyed my meal. Was with a group and service was great, thanks!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,012)

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Excellent food and very large outside semi-forested seating area. Multiple decks arranged adjacent to the creek flowing nearby. Food excellent quality, decent value. Reserve in advance on weekends.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

A friend of mine just moved to SLO and said this was a place we must go to, and she was right! The scallops with asparagus melted in your mouth and the New York steak had this sauce on it that was amazing! Eating outside on the patio is beautiful and not to worry they have heaters just in case you get a little chilled.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

While driving thru SLO, my husband and I stopped for a light lunch. We sat outside - the day was fabulous. We each ordered a glass of wine, and we split the fresh spring rolls and lettuce wraps - the perfect amount. Exquisite sauces that mingled with the fresh flavors! Probably the freshest and best spring rolls I've ever had. Our waitress, Tara, was gracious, efficient, and so accommodating. She even spent time giving me information about the various sauces - as I'm a big home chef and enjoy this knowledge. We will be back! Fabulous - simply fabulous! Btw - you can get just about anything you would find on a lunch menu - burgers, sandwiches, salads, etc. I'm sure all items are great, too!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We came here on a friend's recommendation, especially after seeing the reviews. It doesn't look like much from the front, but when you go through the building to the back, there is a beautiful creek side patio area. The table are bistro style with heaters everywhere. The trees are large and provide a lovely setting.

The dinner menu is varied and unusual. My husband had the spicy duck breast, something he's never had before. I had the grilled halibut with a sublime curry sauce. Both came with perfectly cooked vegetables and a divine black rice! We practically licked our plates.

Our server was amazing! He was very knowledgeable and when the kitchen was out of the soup we wanted to try, he comped us both a bowl of the salmon bisque, which was amazing!

If you want fine dining in a casual atmosphere, this is your place!