“dump”

San Luis Inn & Suites
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Cheap but not clean and very noisy.
Find another spot!

Room Tip: Book another hotel
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kateCA

Reviewed 29 May 2012

I stayed here two nights over Memorial Day Weekend. The room was clean, but a little run down. There was duct tape holding a plastic cover over the box springs, but the bed itself was comfortable enough. Considering almost everything was sold out this weekend, I was glad to find this one. Parking was VERY tight and we had to park on the street the first night because there weren't any available spaces. The continental breakfast was muffins cut in quarters, coffee and orange juice. Pretty sparse.

Overall, it was not the worst hotel I've ever been in. I slept well and the place was clean. If you're looking for something fancy, go elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank mgrigsby
Reviewed 28 May 2012

very good view of hills complimentary breakfsast and coffeee and cakes in afternoon far from the town not many amenities except service station excellent porter service

Room Tip: ask for front facing room on upper floors
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank anon187062
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Paid an exorbitant price for a one night stay at a mediocre establishment. WiFi did not work and no discount offered. Apparently my laptop was at fault. I have traveled with this laptop on many trips with no such problem. Phone also did not work, but after walking to the office twice, the phone was replaced.
My son's description of this place is "janky"!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank SharonDAlameda_CA
Reviewed 14 April 2012

This place was so hideous I wouldn't even let my dog go in. I'm very lucky we only live three hours away otherwise I would've had to sleep in my car. I have no idea how they rate 2.5 stars.

• Stayed: April 2012
4  Thank BoatYardKim
Reviewed 28 March 2012

On a one night stay in San Luis Obispo, I found a cheap deal online for under $60; and we weren't expecting much. Frankly all we wanted was a clean room to spend the night, and from the outside the hotel looks rundown. But we were pleasantly surprised, to find a recently remodeled bathroom, and a simple but clean room on the inside. I've paid a lot more for really bad hotels in the area, and I must say this was decent; for the right price of course.

Room Tip: I would take a room on the second floor, not sure how the noise on the lower level is.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank javfun
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Central location, friendly stuff, very clean, beautiful room, excellent insulation and all for $50.
Muffins and coffee were there as promised, but by 9 AM I've saved enough money to purchase them elsewhere.
From now on I will stay here when passing by SLO.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo