“Worth 50$ room”

San Luis Inn & Suites
“Worth 50$ room”
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Decent, clean, gud parking space.
We paid 50$ per room its was nice. We were travelling from LA to SFO stopped in San Luis Obispo.....
Breakfast is not gud, but internet is there. Overall it was gud for what we paid

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
San Jose, CA
Reviewed 10 December 2012

We stayed here because it was the cheapest room in San Luis Obispo we could find online. We were not expecting much at $65 a night. From the outside, the hotel looks pretty old and run down but we were surprised when we went inside our room. I don't know if all the rooms are like the one we had but ours was surprisingly clean. The wall were recently painted and everything expect the bathroom looked OK. I was surprised to see we had an LCD TV (a cheap one) and wireless internet! The bathroom was not as nice... its was a little grungy. Forget the breakfast... its was Cosco muffins cut into quarters and a very strange tasting orange juice. Theres a couple of better options for food nearby. It made me smile when were were handed an old fashion metal key for our room instead of the new electronic card keys. The key wasn't even on a key ring... just a single simple key. So overall, it was not the Ritz... it's definitely a place you only stay at because you are looking for the absolue cheapest option. And from that perspective, its not too bad for the money. You just have to go in knowing its a 2 start hotel and not expect more than that. To end on an up note, the woman at the front desk was very friendly and nice which is not always the case at a 2 star hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Almaden

Travellers are raving about these San Luis Obispo hotels

LA
Reviewed 3 December 2012

I do not have high standards and this hotel was really terrible. Rubber sheet under the fitted sheet. No bath tub plug. Continental breakfast was bad coffee, non-descript muffins cut into quarters, bad orange juice. Fist hole in the bathroom door (though not all the way through.) Lock with old-fashioned key, not card. Remote that worked, but you had to get up and press the power button on and off. Carpet really old and un-appealing. The only good thing I can stay is that other guests were not noisy. The freeway noise was loud, though. I am accustomed to staying in Motel Six which is much, much better, if you can believe it! This was my first experience with hotwire and I will never do it again. (Hotwire said there were no reviews of this hotel available, but after I found out which one it was, there were plenty of reviews on trip advisor.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank fehlow
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I was rather disappointed with this hotel because I was tired from a long trip, yet to find out the hotel was somewhat inadequate.

I was unsatisfied with the the room's cleanliness. The room smelled awful. It smelled like poop because of the toilet, so, our family had to switch to another room. The room we switched to had 2 dead bugs on the floor, so we had to wear our shoes in the room. However, I do say that the lavatory was rather elegant looking and flawless. The bed feels rather comfortable but nonetheless average. The staff was polite and helpful.

I would not recommend anyone to stay at this hotel, unless this hotel manages this cleanliness issue. Otherwise, this hotel would be a nice place to stay in.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Katrina C
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Actually, parking is a commodity here as it is everywhere in SLO. My lady friend and I came on business as I got a new job and had been on the road all night before. This was the cheapest place on Hotels.com. For 4 nights... Check in Tuesday, Check out Saturday we paid $344.

There are less expensive places within walking distance. The best thing I can say about this place is that they do have guest laundry machines. There's a 24 hour Jack in the Box (fast food) across the street and a Taco Bell across the catty corner.

The quality of the room, bath, beds, TV, is very good. Our A/C unit wasn't working properly and the owner actually came in with a new controller, removing the dial-in and replacing it with a digital controller that evening and it worked fine.

The two rooms next door to us were rented out to a contractor who employs a specific majority of non-union labor who were tramping out the motel. It was obvious this contractor had two crew cabs and other privately owned vehicles that used up more than their share of the already limited parking.

These guys were clearly sleeping four or more persons per room with their presence emphasized by: men gathered in the parking lot; several large boxes of cheap beer; open doorways and loud music. My lady friend and I are actually seniors and we considered such abuse of accommodations by these guys to be too unbecoming of an establishment which caters to families.

That said... I hope the family who owns this establishment, reads my review and will not allow our experience to occur again in the future. I think they are good hardworking people and their client's deserve a better experience. Other reviewers notes about parking and noise support my review.

Room Tip: Go just a few more miles to Morro Bay... Much nicer location and less expensive.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank UnionSparky
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Should have saved my money and slept in a tent. The door on the mini fridge was broken. The dresser was missing a handle. The bed did not have fitted sheets just a top sheet that was placed on the mattress. The comforter had cigarette burns. The picture tube on the tv is going out. The wall in the bathroom is coming undone. And the room smelled like cat litter. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank Ladynerdington
California
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Cheap but not clean and very noisy.
Find another spot!

Room Tip: Book another hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple