“NEEDS MAINTENANCE AND BEWARE OF THE POPCORN OIL/BUTTER”

Downtown Centre 7 Cinema
Big Bear Lake, California
168 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 226 helpful votes
“NEEDS MAINTENANCE AND BEWARE OF THE POPCORN OIL/BUTTER”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My wife and I were visiting family in the SLO area and decided to take her grandson to a movie. While the location is convenient in downtown, the theater overall is in need of maintenance (several seats and arm rests were broken and falling apart in our theater) and the stuff they called "butter flavored" popcorm topping was tasteless oil that made both myself and my wife sick. (We both nearly vomitted later in the evening and this was the only thing that we both ingested.) The seating arrangement and screen positining are also less than ideal as the seats are positioned on a very slight downward slope and the screen is positioned at the very bottom so anyone sitting in front of you (unless they are a very small child) will block your view with their head. The prices are also not competitive here so unless the movie is something you REALLY want to see, I suggest going somewhere else.

Visited March 2014