We always stay at Marriott's but after this visit we have changed our tune. We were in town to visit Hearst Castle and Paso Robles Wineries. After touring downtown San Luis Obispo for the day we returned to the Hotel after our dinner. Husband wanted to watch the News and Jay Leno. We immediately got a phone call from the Front Desk that we needed to turn our TV Down...it was too loud. In 35 years of staying in Hotels we have NEVER had a complaint from anyone for anything. In fact, I am able to fall asleep with the TV on because it is never too loud. Husband woke at 5 AM and wanted to catch the Stock Channel....immediately within 10 minutes we got another phone call telling us to turn the TV Down. The Manager never bothered to come to our room to see if the TV was up too high.........just made us feel uncomfortable. The next day we toured Hearst Castle and after Dinner returned to our room and turned the TV on around 10 PM. Sure enough.............we got a call. We were going to stay 5 nights but the next morning we went to the front desk and told them we were checking out. I explained why and the Front Desk Manager said she would come and talk to me while we were packing. She never did and we left. We are Marriott Members and my Husband and his Company uses Marriott on a weekly basis all across the Country. But we are looking into changing our Membership to another Hotel Chain. Management didn't bother to be concerned about our stay. We obviously had someone staying above or next to us that was very slimy and just wanted to complain for the sake of complaining.We moved Hotels to an Ocean Front and never had any complaints about our TV Time either. It's nice to have choices!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard by Marriott is San Luis Obispo's newest hotel and is conveniently located near Cal Poly and is 7 mi to Pismo and Avila Beach. The Courtyard San Luis Obispo is 4 mi to San Luis Obispo County Airport with easy access to all area attractions and landmarks. Our San Luis Obispo hotel has a distinctive architectural style where you can enjoy the warmth of the California sun. The Courtyard San Luis Obispo has a customer-focused guest room design combining both comfort and functionality. Our San Luis Obispo hotel offers spacious rooms, complimentary wireless internet, as well as a fitness center and an outdoor heated pool with jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Odigeo and Marriott so you can book your Courtyard San Luis Obispo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott San Luis Obispo Hotel San Luis Obispo
- San Luis Obispo Courtyard
- San Luis Obispo Marriott