Courtyard San Luis Obispo
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Rose Garden Inn(San Luis Obispo)
  • Pool
SLO Brew Lofts(San Luis Obispo)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Madonna Inn(San Luis Obispo)
View Hotel
All reviewstypical courtyardcourtyard by marriottfront deskbusiness travelvery nice hoteloff the highwayfitness centercal polyshort drivedowntown slocentral coastnice poolcoffee makerconvenient locationpool and hot tubflat screen tvmorro bay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 June 2013

The 1st room was very smelly then they changed us to another room and still smelled they contacted housekeeping she said it is the carpet and sprayed some stuff but 15 mins lattet smell was back they had no ther room to change us to it was not worth the $$ i expect more from a fairfield

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Renee H
FOM-ARC, Front Office Manager at Courtyard San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2013

Dear Reneeanddave,
We really appreciate your feedback regarding your last stay. We are actually in the middle of a hotel-wide deep cleaning, and have investigated the problem you mentioned. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we really appreciate you choosing to stay with us. Please feel free to contact me directly at (805) 602-9003 if you have any further concerns, and we hope that you we see you again next time you are in San Luis Obispo.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

I recently stayed there 4 nights on business. Good location as it's right next to 101 and the backdrop of the hotel are the large hills behind it. The rooms are solid, the staff is very nice. The waitress that served me Thursday night was particularly great.
The room layout was to my liking, as it was slightly different than other Courtyards I've stayed at. Interestingly, I didn't hear anything from the adjacent rooms, beyond doors shutting. I've found a lot of Marriott hotels that I've been staying at lately have problems with being able to hear virtually everything happening in the adjacent rooms. I was quite pleased to discover this.
The only knock I can have on the place is the room had a slight odor to it. Nothing that drove me to call about it, but a wiff of must.

If I'm back in SLO for business again, I'd stay here again. The boutique hotels just don't seem to be worth it (at face value).

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
FOM-ARC, Front Office Manager at Courtyard San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Dear Khasimir,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us and our TripAdvisor readers; we appreciate it! I am very pleased to hear that you had a nice and quiet stay with us, and we are glad that you chose to stay with us during your visit to San Luis Obispo. We are honored that you plan to return to our hotel on your next trip to our cute little town, and we hope to see you again soon. Take care!

Reviewed 17 May 2013

I'm a Marriott Gold Member so I get little extras. They gave me a bottle of water and a granola bar as a welcome gift. Thanked me for my business. Staff was always friendly and ready to serve. Rooms are quality clean and they have a mini fridge and sm microwave. I've used their marketplace to buy soups and nuked them in my room. Very needed when restaurant is closed for the night. I wished they had popcorn to microwave but no luck. On the morning I left there was a dozen or more horses grazing just off the property. Very beautiful, sorry I didn't snap a picture. Enjoyed my quick 2 night stay.

• Stayed: May 2013
FOM-ARC, Front Office Manager at Courtyard San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2013

Dear Neil P,

As an honored Marriott Gold Member, thank you so much for your loyalty, and the valued comment in regards to your stay; we appreciate it! You put in your time with Marriott hotels, and we love to acknowledge that during your stays with us, thank you. I am glad you were able to use some of our amenities, and is it so nice to hear that our staff and service is noticed as doing a job well done; we try! Thank you for sharing your experience, as well as for your loyalty with us, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 May 2013

Beautiful setting & spotless inside and out. Located on the outskirts of San Luis Obispo, this is the best hotel to happen to this city in a long time. (For years there were just a bunch of crummy little motels there.) Situated in green, peaceful surroundings. Every staff member we encountered was helpful, efficient, and pleasant. Room was nice, but nothing special; a King, but on the small side. Jacuzzi and pool were quiet and lovely. Swallows overhead and peace in every direction. Truly relaxing. We had the breakfast buffet only once, which seemed overpriced for what we got, but it was very good.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the jacuzzi tub suites if you want some room to move around. Our regular King was pretty small.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Dear Carol S,

We really appreciate your wonderful comment about your relaxing stay with us, thank you very much! We take a lot of pride in our hotel, staff and town, and it is so pleasing to hear our guests experiences. As a perfect stop on your way up North from L.A., we hope to see you again soon. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 14 May 2013

We stayed here for one night on a scenic drive between southern and northern CA, and this seemed like a convenient place to spend the night. It turned out to be an excellent choice. I've stayed in a few other places in SLO, and this was by far the best.

What I particularly liked about this Courtyard is the location. Although the hotel is very close to the freeway interchange, it is NOT located directly beside the freeway. As a result, one does not get the traffic noise which is so common at similar hotels. In fact, we asked for a room on the back side, which gave a view of the sun setting behind some hills directly behind the hotel. Another convenience factor is the presence of a New Frontiers market about a 2-minute drive from the hotel. This store is very similar to a Whole Foods, and has a great salad bar and hot food bar if you prefer to eat a light supper in your hotel room, as we often do.

The hotel itself is fairly new, in excellent condition, and very clean and comfortable. Our room had both a refrigerator (to keep your Chardonnay cold) and a microwave. Rates were high, but I felt that the stay was sufficiently pleasant to make them justifiable. I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for the rear of the hotel, overlooking the hills
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Dear majorswede,

Coming from a TripAdvisor Top Contributor as yourself, we really honor your 5-star rating regarding your last stay with us; thank you! We are so pleased to hear you love our location as much as we do! It's hard to beat our beautiful hillside views with horses wandering through the grass areas, and you’re right, I love New Frontiers; they have the best salad bar in town! I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to see you again soon. Take care, and thank you for sharing your experience!